Puzzled about Gala Night timing

joanna111

Kathy, I'm not so sure the decision as to 'gala' nights is left to the Hotel Director, Captain and/or CD. I think almost all decisions come out of Seattle these days. Captain and Hotel Director may request a change or juggling of formal nights but save for rough sea conditions, mechanical issues, or other engineering problems, my understanding is Seattle may or may not agree with the request. :rolleyes:

I would have thought the schedule comes out of the home office, but several posters recently said the captain or CD could make the choice. So I don't know for sure what goes on. It seems timing of gala nights is yet another thing that varies from cruise to cruise, ship to ship.

I would have thought the schedule comes out of the home office, but several posters recently said the captain or CD could make the choice. So I don't know for sure what goes on. It seems timing of gala nights is yet another thing that varies from cruise to cruise, ship to ship.

To be honest I really haven't seen this mentioned very often. I think it's the same posters saying it over and over. I'd be curious if the # of gala really changes that often.

Our last HD (Mark Pells) told us that the formal nights are decided onboard, I assume he is part of the decision-making. We have had some changes to the numbers of formal nights over the course of the cruise, and we always have to wait until the day of to find out which one is formal (listed in the daily programme) but you can often take a guess at it.