Ruby Princess 3 Day Repo Picture Review

clarkg

I thought I would do something different with this review. Since I have a blog that has the whole of it, I will just share pictures a captions here, if you want a more detailed review I will link you to the blog on the bottom of the page.

P1020584.JPG

The wife smiling as she packs. We had a lot of stress lately in our lives, so we needed this cruise badly. Her smile would brighten as she got on the ship.

P1020598.JPG

This is the Vancouver skyline from the ship. They had an NCL in port the same day. The backup at customs was so bad that we were late departing.

Here is the Blog

http://clarkanddeb.blogspot.com/2015/09/3-day-coastal.html

Edited by clarkg

P1020601.JPG

The ship is tied up to Canada Place. We have taken a lot of cruises out of here so we know it well. They have improved the embarkation process a lot, but still have room for improvement. It was the $79.00 price tag that attracted me to this cruise. We have taken three day cruises before but the ship was in port everyday, It was the all sea day cruise that sounded relaxing.

DSCN8674.JPG

I upgraded to a balcony cabin without telling the wife. She was pleasantly surprised.

DSCN8676.JPG

View from the balcony looking forward. Notice the lower balconies are totally visible to the upper ones. On a different cruise I overheard a guy talking about how he walked out on the balcony naked to applause from above.

P1020592.JPG

The back of the ship with Canada Place in the background.

DSCN8682.JPG

The heart of the ship, the Piazza or Atrium. They have a lot of activities here. Seating is an issue so come early.

DSCN8678.JPG

The aft pool, the first two days were rainy, but as we got close to LA this area became a hive of activity.

P1020597.JPG

The aft part of the ship. The rain slowed down the use of the hot tubs until the last day when the sun finally came out.

P1020614.JPG

The promenade deck looking aft.

DSCN8677.JPG

Heading into the rain squalls.

P1020609.JPG

Ice sculpture demonstration. Notice the one little boy in just swim trunks while everyone else is bundled up.

P1020616.JPG

The sun sets on the cruise

Thank you, more pictures on the blog.

Thanks for the pictures here and the review on your blog.

BTW, we were on the Ruby twice this year and you are correct about the food. Not sure what changed, but, it was much better a year ago when we were on her (hey everyone, I didn't say it was bad, just was not as good as before). :confused:

YMMV

Thanks for the pictures here and the review on your blog.

BTW, we were on the Ruby twice this year and you are correct about the food. Not sure what changed, but, it was much better a year ago when we were on her (hey everyone, I didn't say it was bad, just was not as good as before). :confused:

YMMV

I have had some amazing food on Princess, but this cruise it was just bland.