Future cruise booking buying onboard, do you still get 2 friends and family vouchers?

Galleon1234

Wondering if you buy a "past guest" future cruise voucher while onboard if you still receive 2 friends and family vouchers? For a 7-13 day cruise would everyone receive $100 OBC then?

Thanks

Please, no disrespect is meant but you are using the wrong terms. There is so much misinformation in social media nowadays I would like to clarify your post.

There are no longer Future Cruise Certificates. They were done away with back in September of 2012.

You can BOOK a cruise while on a cruise and you will be given two Friends and Family Vouchers. Those voucher are good for 60 from the last day of your cruise. Recipient's of the vouchers must book the exact same cruise. The OBC is based on the length of the cruise and is as follows:

$50 USD per stateroom on a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise

$75 USD per stateroom on a 6 day cruise

$100 USD per stateroom on a 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 day cruise

$200 USD per stateroom on a 12 day cruise or longer cruise

Happy Cruising.

Oh Ok. So it is my understanding that you can book a far out "past guest" cruise and then apply it to a cruise you decide to take at an earlier date and if 2 of your friends decide to go on the same cruise, they will also get the same OBC per length of cruise>?

Correct?

Thanks!

Oh Ok. So it is my understanding that you can book a far out "past guest" cruise and then apply it to a cruise you decide to take at an earlier date and if 2 of your friends decide to go on the same cruise, they will also get the same OBC per length of cruise>?

Correct?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question, but when you book a cruise while on board, in order for anyone to be able to use the Friends and Family Certificates they have to book the same cruise as you; same ship, same sail date.

I think you are asking if you can book "past guest rate"? This would allow you to get OBC and change the date if needed. Yes you can do that HOWEVER, the F&F voucher can not be changed. If your F&F book the same original cruise as you (because it has to be within 60 days) and then you change, YOUR OBC can be moved to your new cruise but theirs can not. If that what you are thinking about doing?

Carnival understands that you can book on board, give your vouches away and then change your original booking. They are not going to allow OBC that easily.

Please, no disrespect is meant but you are using the wrong terms. There is so much misinformation in social media nowadays I would like to clarify your post.

There are no longer Future Cruise Certificates. They were done away with back in September of 2012.

You can BOOK a cruise while on a cruise and you will be given two Friends and Family Vouchers. Those voucher are good for 60 from the last day of your cruise. Recipient's of the vouchers must book the exact same cruise. The OBC is based on the length of the cruise and is as follows:

$50 USD per stateroom on a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise

$75 USD per stateroom on a 6 day cruise

$100 USD per stateroom on a 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 day cruise

$200 USD per stateroom on a 12 day cruise or longer cruise

Happy Cruising.

This information is incorrect. I have a Friends and Family Voucher in front of me.

Under the Master Booking ID information box:

"Must be redeemed within 60 days from the day the host booking is made and must be booked on the same ship and sail date. New Bookings only."

Correct?

Thanks!

This is correct, as long as the friends book the same cruise within 60 days of the initial booking you made on the ship then you all change to the new cruise together. If you switch but they do not, they lose the obc.

We always book the shortest, furthest out cruise available, using Past Guest Rates only because we know we have no intention of sailing that cruise. When we get home and the perfect sailing arises, we contact our PVP who transfers the booking number to the new ship and date. Since we booked with Past Guest rate, we don't incur any penalties for changes. On board credit amounts adjust accordingly with the length of the new cruise.

Edited by stargate fan

This information is incorrect. I have a Friends and Family Voucher in front of me.

Under the Master Booking ID information box:

"Must be redeemed within 60 days from the day the host booking is made and must be booked on the same ship and sail date. New Bookings only."

While I don't doubt what you have in your hand, my information was from Carnivals FAQ.

"Terms and Condition for the Voucher

The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit."

I should learn to copy my vouchers before I mail them.

While I don't doubt what you have in your hand, my information was from Carnivals FAQ.

"Terms and Condition for the Voucher

The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit."

I should learn to copy my vouchers before I mail them.

That's really interesting, or it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

The date written on the F&F certificate is definitely the date I booked on the ship. I think Carnival needs to rectify the differences in the policies between the website and the actual certificate.

That's really interesting, or it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

The date written on the F&F certificate is definitely the date I booked on the ship. I think Carnival needs to rectify the differences in the policies between the website and the actual certificate.

I just booked a new cruise while on my cruise a couple weeks ago. I booked the "actual" cruise I wanted to take, which I researched before I left. The date on the voucher is the DATE I BOOKED THE NEW CRUISE while on the ship, and the person who booked this for me very clearly told me it is 60 days from the exact date I booked it, and not the "last day of the cruise" and that is also what it clearly states on the voucher - the only place I've ever seen referenced it's from the "last day of the cruise" was by posters here on CC ... so perhaps it used to be that way, but it's most definately NOT like that now.

As for the OP question ... you can either have the benefit of giving your friends and family the same OBC you get ... and this requires you to book the exact cruise you plan on taking

or

You can have flexibility to "change" your cruise and not have to know or decide the exact cruise you are taking ... in which case you book the past guest rate (so you don't incur any penalties for changing the booking like you would booking under Early Saver) a cruise that is way far out with the plan to change it once you decide exactly what cruise to take. However, if you do this, your "friends" will no longer get the OBC because thier certs will be filled out for this "dummy" cruise and that can't be changed for them. YOU will get the OBC transferred, but can't extend it to friends.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)