Seine Dinner Cruise

SCHappilyRetired

Looking to the pros on this. Will be in Paris pre-cruise for a couple of days and would like to do a Seine River dinner cruise. Starting to look and see ship companies LaMarina de Paris and Bateaux Parisiens so far. BP offer Etoile, Privilege and Premier service.

Anyone been on either of these? Thoughts? Any companies other than these two?

Many thanks!

We were in Paris last summer and after reading a ton of reviews decided to forego the poor quality food/high prices on the river and opted for a great dinner and a separate cruise without dinner. There are some good reviews on Trip Advisor for Vedettes de Pont Neuf, Bateaux Parisiens, Bateaux Mouches.

We did a Bateaux Parisiens lunch with our sons. The food was good, the wine was very, very plentiful and the experience was a really nice one. Don't know if I'd do it again but it's good to do once.

BTW, they really pour on the wine. There were a lot of businessmen on the cruise with us, so it's not only a touristy-kind of thing. We had a group of 4 businessmen behind us. I have never seen people drink so much wine in my life, then go back to work afterwards! :eek: We stopped counting the bottles of wine they consumed after #8 was polished off. :eek:

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

We had dinner aboard the boat "Don Juan" 5 years ago. Evening cruise, nice sightseeing, pretty good dinner and wine for a boat (IME most boat cruises usually serve uninspiring meals and swill for wine).

I think the line was called Yachts de Paris or something like that. Ridiculously expensive but that seems par for the course.

SCHP - I will enthusiastically side with the posters who have suggested that the better choice is to have a good dinner on shore either before or after your evening cruise on the Seine. First, the food on most of the dinner cruises is modest at best, although at a very high tariff. Second, and more important, trying to eat while at the same time enjoying the magnificent night-time views along the Seine gives proper attention to neither endeavor. I love the cruises on the Seine in Paris, both during the day and at night, and do not wish to be distracted from the wonderful sights by anything more than a glass of wine in my hand. (I can manage to sip wine without losing sight of the sights, having had much - perhaps, too much - practice at doing so.)

Totally agree about foregoing the dinner cruise, but I'll throw in another option - O-Chateau does a nice Champagne Tasting Cruise in a private space on one of the regularly scheduled Seine River cruises. You learn a little, sip a lot (!), and get to see the sights from a less-crowded section at the front of the boat. Take a taxi at the end of the cruise and head to a wonderful dinner on land.