Hyatt BWI - Don't even think about it!!!!

jen&samcantwait

HORRIBLE doesn't even begin to describe it!!!! 4 of us staying 1 day in Baltimore before our flight, myself, Husband and 2 19 year olds.

Got to the hotel and given our room. Walk in & immediately check the beds as I always do. Bed was made, but sheets were clearly not clean, hair on the pillow and under the sheets, and some sort of funk I don't know what it was. No toiletries in the bathroom & the worst thing I have ever ever experienced in all my hotel stays - the toilet wasn't cleaned!!!! There was FECES under the seat!!!!! OMG!

Housekeeping staff was in the hall, it was clear they tried to call themselves cleaning it, the bed was made as the staff would do, and there was no trash, but they must have been in the room for all of 5 minutes.

Go back to the front desk, and had to wait behind 2 other people. Clearly we had a problem, all 4 of us back in the lobby that quick w/ our bags. In my opinion, the agent should have taken care of us before checking in other guests. Tell him the problem and he casually writes it down & gives us a new room. Did apologize, but didn't seem very sincere, and definitely didn't seem surprised. New room was at least clean, but air conditioning didn't work very well, and the mattress on the pullout sofa was like a piece of cardboard, you sunk right through almost to the floor. Ended up sleeping on the sofa, not the sofa bed.

And the front desk agent didn't seem to know much about the area, couldn't tell us how or if we could get to the Inner Harbor by public transit, even said he wasn't from the area. Went out front a few times during our stay (smokers) and were never greeted by anyone at the front desk, not a smile, not a how are you, nothing!

I travel often and have to say this was the worst ever. It was so bad that the 2 19 year olds (who rarely travel, and when they do it's a the cheap hotels) were calling it the Hyatt 6, comparing it to a Motel 6. BE WARNED!!!

There is no Hyatt at BWI...there is a Hyatt Place, and I've stayed there many times.

While writing after the fact is a good idea, in the future, you should address the issues while still at the hotel. The GM at that hotel would certainly have made the situation right for you....

Write to Hyatt HQ. This is unacceptable and not what the brand stands for.

I had a bad experience with a Hampton Inn once and they refunded 1 night of our stay because I sent in a complaint.

different company, but I agree we had a Hampton problem and they gave me enough point to stay a few nights at a Embassy suite. I would also write a review on tripadivisor

Huh? Hyatt Place BWI is part of the Hyatt brand. There is regular Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency, etc. Not sure what you mean. Hyatt should be a Hyatt, and one should expect the Hyatt level of service, period. And I don't care if you're in the $39 Super 8, everyone deserves a clean toilet, right? :eek:

And to be clear, in case anyone is wondering,,, I'm not asking to get my money back, I actually booked it w/ points. And between Hubby & I, due to work travel, we have more than enough points than we need. I simply posted this to warn anyone else who was thinking about staying here.

I did review Trip Advisor before booking, and there are a lot of great reviews, which is why I booked this specific hotel (I had other options). There are some bad, and when you look at them, some are the same sort of thing that I experienced. Maybe they just have BAD Saturdays or something, LOL. And, of course, I posted a review over there as well.

A Hyatt PLACE is different than a full service Hyatt.....

A HYATT PLACE is NOT a FULL SERVICE Hyatt, different amenities, etc.....

I KNOW they are the same company, just trying to clarify for those readers who may not know that there is not a HYATT per se but a HYATT PLACE...

It's always best to be clear...some readers may look for, and expect a full service, full blown Hyatt hotel.....

A Hyatt PLACE is different than a full service Hyatt.....

A HYATT PLACE is NOT a FULL SERVICE Hyatt, different amenities, etc.....

I KNOW they are the same company, just trying to clarify for those readers who may not know that there is not a HYATT per se but a HYATT PLACE...

It's always best to be clear...some readers may look for, and expect a full service, full blown Hyatt hotel.....

But it still should be a clean room.