Help getting from Orlando to Port Canaveral

castephens

Flying in to Orlando 8:30pm the night before our cruise. 4 adults and 6 children. Any recomendations on getting to our motel at the port? Im debating on staying in Orlando this night and then heading to the ship the next morning. Pro's or Con's??????

Thanks in advance

Last november we arrived at 9pm to MCO. We have booked a one way rental from Budget and stayed at Homewood Suites on International Drive. For me it was much better than go to a hotel at the port the same night. Port hotels were too expensive compare to the prices at International Drive area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 10 plus bags even a cheap shuttle service will cost about $250 -I would look at renting a couple of large cars/SUVs/mini-vans one-way (MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach).

Arriving that late with that many kids I would suggest staying in Orlando and driving to PC the morning of your cruise.

Good luck! :)

I'd stay closer to the port. Not sure of the age of the children, but getting all their things together and driving an hour to port I wouldn't want to chance it. Id do the drive the night before.

As for the shuttle vs. rental car. I'd take the shuttle! We travel with a large group all the time and always hire a shuttle service. The shuttle services mentioned above seemed to be the ones everyone throws around on these boards, but do a google search. There are many others out there with great service! JMO of course!

Have a great cruise!

Just my personal opinion, but arriving that late , I would get a hotel near MCO, relax, have a nice dinner perhaps a swim and then shuttle to the port in the morning.

I can suggest the LaQuinta Orlando Airport North..... it is a nice hotel... very clean and modern, great pool with park-like setting plus several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel offers an airport shuttle and has a complimentary breakfast.

http://www.laquintaorlandoairportnorth.com/

TravelLynx is a great shuttle service that picks up at Orlando area hotels and shuttles to the port and then back again after the cruise. They are easy to work with and have great customer service.

http://www.travelynxusa.com/cruise-shuttle-bus.php

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr