Tell me EVERYTHING I need to know about Blue Lagoon

mommytotwins

We (8 adults/ 8kids) will be in Nassau in January and I've promised my daughter a dolphin swim. Carnival doesn't offer an excursion to Blue Lagoon anymore, just Balmoral Island and the reviews are sketchy. So, tell me the good, bad, & ugly about Blue Lagoon. Would you do it again? What did you love? What did you hate? Did you do the dolphin swim or encounter? How was the beach? Lunch? Prices?

Thanks so much for your help!!

I have done the dolphin swim 3 times, encounter once, and beach day once. I enjoyed all the animal encounters. The beach was nice (we were doing a land vacation that time). The beach inflatables were included as was a lunch (that may have changed). I booked through royal three times and in my own twice.

Seeing my daughter's face with the dolphin (she was 10, 16, and 19 the three times) was priceless.

My sister had dolphins on her bucket list and really enjoyed her experience

Any specific questions

Edited by vavasmom

I emailed Blue Lagoon about going there in January while on our cruise. Royal Caribbean also doesn't offer Blue Lagoon anymore but BL said they couldn't sell me a tour there because of contractual arrangements with the cruise line. I'm not willing to take the chance of lying about it and trying to go anyway, because I don't want to risk missing the ship.

I emailed Blue Lagoon about going there in January while on our cruise. Royal Caribbean also doesn't offer Blue Lagoon anymore but BL said they couldn't sell me a tour there because of contractual arrangements with the cruise line. I'm not willing to take the chance of lying about it and trying to go anyway, because I don't want to risk missing the ship.

That's too bad. Our Allure cruise for next April added it recently to the excursions list...but I see that your cruise is coming up soon. Not sure why they don't have it on yours.

That's too bad. Our Allure cruise for next April added it recently to the excursions list...but I see that your cruise is coming up soon. Not sure why they don't have it on yours.

To be honest, I haven't looked in several weeks. This was sometime back in the summer that I was checking things out. I think we had Balmoral Island on ours.

To be honest, I haven't looked in several weeks. This was sometime back in the summer that I was checking things out. I think we had Balmoral Island on ours.

When is your cruise? Based on your ticker I'm guessing beginning of January so I did a search on Oasis and say, the Jan 9th cruise offers Blue Lagoon. Try checking again. We originally didn't have Blue Lagoon either but they added it recently.

When is your cruise? Based on your ticker I'm guessing beginning of January so I did a search on Oasis and say, the Jan 9th cruise offers Blue Lagoon. Try checking again. We originally didn't have Blue Lagoon either but they added it recently.

Yes, I just checked, and it has both Balmoral and Blue Lagoon (as well as Atlantis beach break). We are there from 7-2, so I'm curious what time the Blue Lagoon tour leaves if it's for 4 hours. I really wish we were there different hours, as I hate getting up early, especially if that means going to bed early the very first night of the cruise lol.

Yes, I just checked, and it has both Balmoral and Blue Lagoon (as well as Atlantis beach break). We are there from 7-2, so I'm curious what time the Blue Lagoon tour leaves if it's for 4 hours. I really wish we were there different hours, as I hate getting up early, especially if that means going to bed early the very first night of the cruise lol.

Blue Lagoon doesn't open until 9am - First ferry is 8:30am

We went to Blue Lagoon and had a great time. Very pretty island. However, we didn't do the dolphin swims when we were there (usually do that in Cozumel because it's so much cheaper).

I did a huge review on the place (list in my signature line if you are interested) which has tons of pictures of the place. :) We would go back again when in Nassau.

We're the same time as you on Allure. The excursion starts at 8am and is 4grs long. Royal has it's own ferry that picks you up close to the port.

By the way, if you select the excursion and add to cart, you can see the start times.

If you do it on a RCCL excursion where do you get the ferry?

Is it a different place if you do it on your own?

From what I've heard on here, you have a short walk to the ferry with the RCL excursion. It's separate from the company ferry, which is further to catch.

Maybe someone can confirm.

If you do blue lagoon on your own you get the Ferry on Paradise Island on the other side of the bridge. When we went through rccl we caught the Ferry at the Woods Rogers (sp?) dock near the ship. On the way back we stopped at Paradise Island and then Woods Rogers. Any one could ride back to by the ship

Edited by vavasmom

Any specific questions

I'm concerned with transportation since it isn't a Carnival sponsored excursion... How long is the taxi ride from the ship's pier to the ferry terminal. I think we will only have time for the swim and will have to forget the beach day. We are in port 8-5 and will need to take the 10:30 am ferry over and the 2pm ferry back.

Could you bring your own camera? Did you need water shoes for the swim?

I'm concerned with transportation since it isn't a Carnival sponsored excursion... How long is the taxi ride from the ship's pier to the ferry terminal. I think we will only have time for the swim and will have to forget the beach day. We are in port 8-5 and will need to take the 10:30 am ferry over and the 2pm ferry back.

Could you bring your own camera? Did you need water shoes for the swim?

From what I read on their website there is an 8:30 ferry.

From what I read on their website there is an 8:30 ferry.

I saw that too, but according to something I read on here (of course I can't find the link), there is almost NO chance of getting off the ship, getting a taxi, and making it to the ferry by 8:30 with us getting into port at 8. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I saw that too, but according to something I read on here (of course I can't find the link), there is almost NO chance of getting off the ship, getting a taxi, and making it to the ferry by 8:30 with us getting into port at 8. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

There is also the fact that Carnival almost never adjusts the ship time to match local time, which is an hour ahead in the Bahamas in winter (8am ship time/Florida time is 9am Bahamas time).

There is also the fact that Carnival almost never adjusts the ship time to match local time, which is an hour ahead in the Bahamas in winter (8am ship time/Florida time is 9am Bahamas time).

If your ship is out of Florida, then Ship time and Bahamas time will be the same. The Bahamas follows US Eastern Standard Time/Daylight Saving Time.

We went to Blue Lagoon and had a great time. Very pretty island. However, we didn't do the dolphin swims when we were there (usually do that in Cozumel because it's so much cheaper).

I did a huge review on the place (list in my signature line if you are interested) which has tons of pictures of the place. :) We would go back again when in Nassau.

Hi Mitsugirly. I've taken a look at your Blue Lagoon link in the past and your review is partly what made us sign up for the beach day. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and with the wonderful pictures. It is costly for a family of 4, but I figure it's better than "just going to Junkanoo Beach" to kill time while in Nassau. We want to enjoy our time in Nassau. We're not signing up for the dolphin encounter but I like the fact that you can walk over and see them. And our older one would probably enjoy the inflatable water park (I know it's an extra $15 pp). I'm assuming you think it's worth it, even if just for a few hours of actual beach time?

Edited by LuCruise

Hello! Thank you to all who have contributed to this great Blue Lagoon thread!

I will be sailing on a quick Enchantment of the Seas cruise in Nov. I have booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim for my daughter and my husband.

I booked the beach day - same location.

My hours of the excursion are stated as 1-5 pm and include lunch.

The rest of my family is 3-7pm. We will overlap a bit. Does anyone know if I might be able to adjust my times with the excursion desk, or catch a different/later ferry back? I really don't want/need the lunch.

There were not any alternative times to choose from.

Anyone with experience with this?

Hello! Thank you to all who have contributed to this great Blue Lagoon thread!

I will be sailing on a quick Enchantment of the Seas cruise in Nov. I have booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim for my daughter and my husband.

I booked the beach day - same location.

My hours of the excursion are stated as 1-5 pm and include lunch.

The rest of my family is 3-7pm. We will overlap a bit. Does anyone know if I might be able to adjust my times with the excursion desk, or catch a different/later ferry back? I really don't want/need the lunch.

There were not any alternative times to choose from.

Anyone with experience with this?

That's odd that they are at different times. I'm sure it's common for only some in a party to participate in the dolphin part. Why don't you give Royal a call and ask them directly?