Seafood Tower at The Porch

jenniebnyc

Is the seafood tower an actual "tower" yet? The only photo I saw showed a plate of seafood sitting on the table which is kind of lame. Any updated news or photos on this topic?

I wish they would add good sushi to the menu too.

How would they make good sushi to a large group of people. Doing it would be very labor intensive and not likely. Also, the raw fish would present problems. The stuff that they do have is either pre-packaged or slapped together.

DON

How would they make good sushi to a large group of people. Doing it would be very labor intensive and not likely. Also, the raw fish would present problems. The stuff that they do have is either pre-packaged or slapped together.

DON

Is there a large group of people at the Porch that I don't know about? In NYC restaurants feed large groups of people sushi all the time. I am not concernced about the raw fish as it has to be flash frozen anyway. And, they can get creative and make cooked shrimp tempura rolls, eel (cooked) rolls, king crab, etc. Trust me it can be done and it is done on many ships already.

I saw that there is an extra $5.00 pp charge for the seafood tower at the Porch. If you want a second seafood tower, do they charge an additional $5.00. Usually you can order seconds (and thirds) of any dish in the MDR. My husband loves seafood towers. Also, does Celebrity offer discounts of the stated prices in their specialty restaurants? I thought I had heard of people getting reduced prices for Tuscan Grill, Murano, etc.

I saw that there is an extra $5.00 pp charge for the seafood tower at the Porch. If you want a second seafood tower, do they charge an additional $5.00. Usually you can order seconds (and thirds) of any dish in the MDR. My husband loves seafood towers. Also, does Celebrity offer discounts of the stated prices in their specialty restaurants? I thought I had heard of people getting reduced prices for Tuscan Grill, Murano, etc.

The seafood "tower" is more of a seafood bowl, at least on Silhouette when we had it recently. The seafood is similar to what is normally served in a tower, and not bad for the $5 upcharge, but not a huge amount. We didn't ask for a refill so I can't help with that question.

Celebrity often offers reduced prices for the specialty restaurants, but everything depends on demand on your particular trip. I have had good luck in the past, but on the aforementioned Silhouette trip (Med), it was very difficult to get any deals and we generally paid full price.

On the other Porch thread, Louise 1809 said that on the Reflection the seafood comes out on a tall tower and then is moved to a plate. She had a picture on her blog of the plate, but not of the tower.

Of note, the lobster tail looks to be the warm water type. The Mahi Mahi tacos look especially good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2263594

On the other Porch thread, Louise 1809 said that on the Reflection the seafood comes out on a tall tower and then is moved to a plate. She had a picture on her blog of the plate, but not of the tower.

Of note, the lobster tail looks to be the warm water type. The Mahi Mahi tacos look especially good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2263594

Thank you. Great photos.