On board Regal Princess - New England /canada

LauraS

We are in aft balcony cabin D731, so we will take some extra pics for you and post them tomorrow when we get to port

Today we had a fantastic meet n mingle in Club 6. Almost Every officer attended, please we had a sample show from the magician! Awesome! Right afterwards we enjoyed s cabin crawl. Most of all though meeting everyone was the best! We had a great turn out!

Thanks! I'm especially interested in pix of the balcony. Also let me know if you have the dreaded soot problem.

Edited by SAC69

We disembarked on Saturday from the 26 day trans. We got the same pics as you of NY harbor that very morning from our aft cabin. Folks....absolutely NO soot the entire way.....we rebooked our trip next year on the Royal to aft....one of very few options for a decent balcony on these new ships.

Edited by Murphey

• Administrators

It is a stunning day in Halifax! I dont take for granted being by the sea fir days; love me a ship with outside dining!

We ate at Sabatini's and with good intentions *tried to remember* to take pics of each course. Haha we just dug in. Here are some pics.

Today we plan on visiting the Maritime Museum (and do some shopping ;))

Tried uploading to my photo bucket account snd it is not working so i will try attaching photos instead. ImageUploadedByForums1443449933.099530.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1443449999.594701.jpg

Hubby said the white bean and black mussel soup was awesome!

Thanks for the photos, keep them coming if you have time. Were booked in an Aft balcony in Jan on the Royal so we too are worried now about the soot problem. Were thinking about changing our cabin because we spend a lot of time on our balcony. We should have read the reviews before we booked.:confused: Enjoy your cruise!

It is a stunning day in Halifax! I dont take for granted being by the sea fir days; love me a ship with outside dining!

We ate at Sabatini's and with good intentions *tried to remember* to take pics of each course. Haha we just dug in. Here are some pics.

Tried uploading to my photo bucket account snd it is not working so i will try attaching photos instead. [ATTACH]363765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]363766[/ATTACH]

Hi Laura,

Was the ships time on the same time as Halifax? It sounds like an amazing time you are having and I can't wait to read more.

Patty

Tried uploading to my photo bucket account snd it is not working so i will try attaching photos instead. [ATTACH]363765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]363766[/ATTACH]

Hi Laura,

Was the ships time on the same time as Halifax? It sounds like an amazing time you are having and I can't wait to read more.

Patty

• Administrators

Yes we were on Halifax time.

Second formal night is Thursday.

We had the best weather in halifax! Bright sunny and warm. -- around 70

We choose to walk along the harborfront on the way to the Maritime Museum. Lots of crew sitting near larger complexes for wifi. There are many spots to stop for pics and food. Oh and two HAL ships were in port with us: Maasdam and Eurodam. Made the museum a tad crowded. Still worth a visit for the permanent Titanic exhibit. Cost under $10. Also the chandlery (port store) depicting what seafarers would need to return to sea.

Had to make a stop at Nova Scotia Crystal. You can watch the glass bowers at work. Final visit was to the farmers market. Oh and the vendors at the port facility are definitely worth a look.

Uploading pics from the ships internet is spotty. I will try!

Also i have searched high and low and the only berries i can find on board are covered in choco! On a low carb diet berries are a mainstay. However the choices in horizon court and bistro are incomparable. Not exaggerating. at all. .

ImageUploadedByForums1443534058.008121.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1443534036.065492.jpg

hi to everyone who crossed the atlantic on the regal, I live here in newfoundland Canada and was in st john's when you docked , I have sailed on princess may times the last two cruises on the royal and going on the royal again on oct 21 , I was wondering what you guys thought of nfld and your visit here and does anyone have pics thanks

• Administrators

Thank you Port Saint John for the best free wifi yet

B0B8197F-A7D1-477A-84EB-D3AD4299417A_zpso0gqnqeu.jpg

finally a ship pic

2E4AB1CB-89FE-4403-B7BD-C5C635CFB88C_zpst2mlsqzu.jpg

Thats what I said!

048479A1-84D0-41A7-BE6E-8D7A3E0E2207_zps0h8cgnxo.jpg

Everyone was taking this shot

• Administrators

The captain just shared that we will be missing our call at Bar Harbor tomorrow due to weather.

Instead we will arrive @Boston tomorrow at3:30pm and will overnight there leaving at 3:30pm on Thursday.

• Administrators
Love Big Pics! The thumbnails not so much.

Me too. I like uploading to photobucket for the big pics, but it really depends on internet access/upload speed