Glow Party questions

DeBlonde1

What special stuff did you bring and wear for the glow party? I would assume they sell glowsticks and stuff if you don't bring your own? Do they use the blacklights like the White Hot party; so wearing white will look good? Any other tips? :confused: Thanks!

Hi Dee!

Yes, black lights are in full effect, so white is still a great option, but neon touches are what make this version fun! Glow sticks/necklaces will be handed out, but if you want to make sure you have them on hand, a pack of them is usually pretty cheap from any party store. Get there early for a little facepainting (the pictures will be worth it).

Have a fantastic time!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

we were aboard Breakaway in August, glow party was a BIG thing. We had a glow birthday party for our grandson prior, and just brought our own " glow stuff, We made our own t shirts with our own glow paint and brought from home, they " glowed" better than just wearing white. When staff saw that I had my own glow shirt, they DID paint a heart on my face with their paint, it is a type of paint that is not easy washable though, had to " scrub" off my face.

you might want to bring along your own glow bracelets or necklaces, they do hand out a FEW glow sticks, which are FOAM ones, and a limited number, everyone does not get them.

This sounds like fun. Is it on every ship? We will be on the Escape in April and this sounds like something I'd like to take my kids to.

It's on Getaway, but not sure yet what will be on Escape. Other ships have the White Hot Party. It usually gets started around 10 or 10:30pm. Although it doesn't really cater to kids, there will be plenty of big kids there. My 11 year old lasted about 20 minutes, then was annoyed by the loud techno music and people grinding on each other thinking they were dancing. It's mostly cruise staff screaming "We are partying! Everybody dance! This is the greatest thing ever!" and other stuff to try to make it seem more fun than it was.

I do not know if it is on the Escape or not. We were on Breakaway.

The glow party was held on top deck, a LOT of people attended, as I mentioned, if you have your own t shirts or Neon painted clothing, that shows up better than just white .

It used to be called " white hot party" , but is now called " glow party" also, what we had on BreaKaway it was held Thursday night while docked in Bermuda, one thing to note though, if you have teenagers there could be a DIFFERENT night for their " neon" party. Again, on Breakaway to Bermuda, the teens Neon party was held Friday night Just thought I would mention that, but . if you are able to get someone to provide you with the Escape " freestyle daily schedules" ahead of time, you will have a better idea on which night glow party is planned.

It's on Getaway, but not sure yet what will be on Escape. Other ships have the White Hot Party. It usually gets started around 10 or 10:30pm. Although it doesn't really cater to kids, there will be plenty of big kids there. My 11 year old lasted about 20 minutes, then was annoyed by the loud techno music and people grinding on each other thinking they were dancing. It's mostly cruise staff screaming "We are partying! Everybody dance! This is the greatest thing ever!" and other stuff to try to make it seem more fun than it was.

I do not know if it is on the Escape or not. We were on Breakaway.

The glow party was held on top deck, a LOT of people attended, as I mentioned, if you have your own t shirts or Neon painted clothing, that shows up better than just white .

It used to be called " white hot party" , but is now called " glow party" also, what we had on BreaKaway it was held Thursday night while docked in Bermuda, one thing to note though, if you have teenagers there could be a DIFFERENT night for their " neon" party. Again, on Breakaway to Bermuda, the teens Neon party was held Friday night Just thought I would mention that, but . if you are able to get someone to provide you with the Escape " freestyle daily schedules" ahead of time, you will have a better idea on which night glow party is planned.

Oh, ok, thank you both. I have heard of "white hot party" on previous NCL cruises but never made it out there. I have a 9 and 13 year old, so we'll keep an eye out for the teen version for the 13 year old.

This made me LOL. Also, it's helpful to know. My 12 year old will not appreciate this function at all.