Reservations in My Celebrity

Glendakayself

We booked two cruises on our Summit, September 6, 2015 cruise. I registered them with My Celebrity, and the cruises show up with everything except a breakdown of costs.

I called Captain's Club and was told I have to book on-line for that feature. I have never booked on-line, and my reservations have always had cost breakdowns on My Celebrity in the past. The Captain's Club rep told me that I booked with a "Certified Vacation Planner," and I should call them for all inquiries rather than Captain's Club.

Okay, I called a CVP who informed me that I must register my cruise on-line. I explained again that it is registered and shows up with everything but the financial breakdown. "It must be the way you booked, ma'am." I booked cruises on board in 2014, and one is still showing with all the financial breakdown. Neither phone call yielded anything but confirmations which showed a different (lower) total price than the confirmation I received on board.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I booked one online all by myself then a second over the phone a couple days later. Can't get the financial breakdown on either of them when logging into my Celebrity account. I request a revised copy of my booking confirmation and receipt every time we make a change and plan to take copies of those with me. These are my first Celebrity cruises and, unless the onboard experience is about ten time better than the booking/planning, they will be my last!

Your TA has the financial details. They will not likely ever show up on the Celebrity website. Is there a reason they need to?

Am a bit confused as it seems you have 2 upcoming cruises. Really very simple - It you have a cruise booked directly with Celebrity you need to ask them for a copy of your invoice. They e-mail these. They are not always on the website as there have been hacking issues and Celebrity is constantly tinkering with their website.

If you booked a cruise with a TA or has a cruise booked with Celebrity moved to your TA then call you TA and ask them for a copy of the invoice from Celebrity - usually takes a couple weeks for X to generate - and a confirmation of your booking details from them. If (hopefully) they issue additional OBC then you might well need to show that letter on board.

Celebrity has a positively terrible website and one should not book online using it. It does usually work well for putting in your data for getting your Express Pass.

I have the same problem with 2 cruises I booked onboard the Solstice in February, 2015. I registered them online and they now appear if I select "View All" in the fine print below other cruises I have booked online. However, they have no cost breakdown and there is no option to make final payment online. I don't recall having this problem with previous cruises booked while onboard.

I have three confirmations from Celebrity:

One was printed out at the time of booking.

The second was e-mailed to me by the on-board booking agent at my request when the first e-mail confirm was blank.

The third was sent to me by the Captain's Club rep when I phoned to complain I could not view the details on-line.

All three have conflicting totals and breakdowns. However, the one the Captain's Club rep sent has the lowest price??????

Edited by Glendakayself

We booked two cruises on our Summit, September 6, 2015 cruise. I registered them with My Celebrity, and the cruises show up with everything except a breakdown of costs.

I called Captain's Club and was told I have to book on-line for that feature. I have never booked on-line, and my reservations have always had cost breakdowns on My Celebrity in the past. The Captain's Club rep told me that I booked with a "Certified Vacation Planner," and I should call them for all inquiries rather than Captain's Club.

Okay, I called a CVP who informed me that I must register my cruise on-line. I explained again that it is registered and shows up with everything but the financial breakdown. "It must be the way you booked, ma'am." I booked cruises on board in 2014, and one is still showing with all the financial breakdown. Neither phone call yielded anything but confirmations which showed a different (lower) total price than the confirmation I received on board.

Anyone else have this problem?

Not this specific problem, but we certainly have had plenty of other problems with the Celebrity website.

This is just another example of its famous inconsistencies.

The cruises that I book online and the cruises that I book onboard ship do show the financial breakdown on the right side of the screen.

As soon as I click on "Manage Reservation" and then "View Payment Details" it displays the detailed breakout of the charges, cancellation dates with penalties, etc.

All that information disappears when we give a booking to a TA.

I made a recent online payment very easily with no problem at all.

It immediately showed my account balance being updated right on the screen, and automatically generated and sent me an updated invoice.

In fact, I generally find making payments online to be the easiest, fastest most trouble-free way to do it.

I really like being able to do it at my own convenience and get the immediate feedback, avoiding any need to start involving a third party in the transaction,

-- except for those sporadic times when it doesn't work! ;)

What I find most maddening of all are the features that regularly work just fine, and then all of a sudden they don't. :eek:

Obviously I would use the last one, but what are the differences? Did the last one give you a discount based on your CClub membership? I also note I have always received a print out with $$ if I booked on board. Any reason you did not recieve one? They are sent as a confirmation to your cabin and put under the door.

I do note that promotions do not usually show up for a few days. It is wrong but the way it is. Thus the need for a hard copy when you book. FWIW - I always book with X and then shop my reservation to TAs. That way they handle the stuff you are complaining about.

I have the same problem. I booked a cruise we are going on next week with a celebrity planner. I am able to go to the website and see the breakdown of everything. I booked three more cruise two weeks ago and I am NOT able to see the breakdown. I called yesterday and talked to someone on the website problem number and they said you never can see the breakdown and I went around and around with him that all my trips have been booked through celebrity and it is only the last three that we booked at the same time that I can not see the breakout. When we are on board next week, we are going to see about booking a future cruise and I will talk to the them about the website.

Thanks for posting Roxievegas. I was thinking about calling IT as well. Sounds like they would give me the same run around I have been getting from the others. It is almost like they were hired yesterday.

I did compare my confirmations. They took off an extra $100 on each cruise for "back to back" and subtracted the gratituties from our first cruise but not the second which is a repositioning cruise. However, the future cruise rep promised those gratituties would come off even though the cruise is repositioning. I did not expect the grats to be removed, and they were not.