Gatwick to central London?

Karen Lynn

Hi

Tampa girl

I think if you are happy with the gatwick express service and it suits your needs, it's a good way to go. The discussion above was looking at trying to keep costs very low for somebody's Young relatives visiting London. Really, if you are coming in and simply transferring to a coach at victoria then the gatwick express is going to do you as well as anything else will.

One thing to bear in mind, if you book a first class anytime return ticket on gatwick express, you get free access to the no 1 traveller lounge at gatwick airport, which is a useful perk.

Scarlet

Thank you, Scarlett. I was unaware of that perk. The next time we do a R/T to London, I will remember that.

• 2 weeks later...

We have flown into Garwick twice and made the trek to our Victoria Station area hotel.

In 2012 we took the National Express bus for $8.5bps each and it took about 2 hours.

Last September we took the "Southern Rail" train for $10bps each and it was quick and easy as the train stop was in the same terminal that we arrived at. I intended to get a Gatwick Express quote ($17.7bps) but google led me to the Southern train. I did miss the 2hr nap on the bus though.

As for "cheapest" check both as the fares seem to change or be on sale at different times. We purchased both on-line and missed our connections due to customs but the clerk at the bus stop and train ticket counter ammended them.

I actually prefer the bus as we both napped and didn't have to worry about the luggage as the train racks are by the exit doors. The hotels wouldn't let us check in early anyhow and we found that with the nap, we managed to last/sightsee till after dinner. We slept right through till early morning and adjusted to London time quickly. When we took the train, we were out of gas by 3pm check-in and a nap ended up longer than expected and affected our adjustment to London time. For some reason, I can't sleep on planes but buses/cars are no problem.