Room Guarantee AKA: Carnival Assigns?

alicatNH

I usually select my room, but the price difference was big so I chose the "Guarantee" option where Carnival assigns the room. Anyone done this before? Interested in if you were happy with your room and if you received the room type you paid for.

We paid for a Balcony but there are only Spa Balconies left on the boat when I go to look at it- does this mean we would likely get into that upgraded section?

I usually select my room, but the price difference was big so I chose the "Guarantee" option where Carnival assigns the room. Anyone done this before? Interested in if you were happy with your room and if you received the room type you paid for.

We paid for a Balcony but there are only Spa Balconies left on the boat when I go to look at it- does this mean we would likely get into that upgraded section?

If you paid for a "Guarantee Balcony",,, then you are Guaranteed at the minimum the lowest balcony.

Does that mean YOU would get upgraded? No, it most likely means that someone who has status and has a regular balcony and paid full price will be called and offered an upgrade first and on down the line to those who only purchased a "Guarantee"

You can stop dreaming of a spa balcony.

They will probably upsell to the reg balconies so you can expect to get the lowest level balcony.

Now there is a possibility you could even get a suite even though it is a slim chance.

No way to predict what you will get. It will be what is left empty after the people have picked their rooms and after the up sells they are able to do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Before Carnival started Early Saver, I always booked a guarantee. I did ES for a few years, but once convinced that was rigged in their favor (CCL modified categories) I went back to booking a guarantee.

In my experience, I don't think I've ever been assigned the lowest possible option within a room type, but I've never gotten a huge upgrade either.

Spa balcony? Nope. Carnival would offer that to a guest who'd be willing to pay for the "upsell." If you did receive a complimentary upgrade to the spa category, you would not receive the spa benefits.

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

We have only booked a guaranty once and it was a balcony guarantee. We had the worst balcony cabin we have ever had. It was under the Lido where carts were moved all night and right across from the steward's pantry so noisy from 6AM on.

Our reason for booking a guaranty was that we booked late and the cabins we would normally choose were gone, so for $100 less, we booked the guaranty. We also didn't get the cabin assignment until 2 days before the cruise even though we booked about 45 days out. Never again!

I upgraded from an interior to a balcony guarantee on 8/28/2015 for my November cruise on Miracle and just got my room assigned on Monday. Obstructed view balcony on Miracle. The difference in price makes it worth while, but I don't know if I would book guarantee rates again.

It depends on the ship as to what you mean by "spa." We booked a guarantee on the Valor and got a Spa deck balcony and it was AWESOME. But it isn't like the Cloud 9 Spa cabins. It just happened to be on the Spa Deck. The room was no different than other balconies but it was very conveniently located.

We have been on about 20 cruises (with HAL, Carnival, Princess, RC, and Norweigan) and have always done the guaranty. We may have been lucky, but have never had a bad assigned state room.

Have a great trip!!

We booked a balcony guarantee for our first cruise (Miracle last month :D) and loved the cabin we ended up with. I ended up going with ES this time because I was a little worried about getting a cabin way forward away from all the stuff we actually liked- I was less fussed about which deck it was on or the specific cabin.

I've book guarantee many times, and have only received "upgrades" with a cabin type, ie booked an interior where I could have been on the lowest deck and ended up 5 or more decks higher. Like other have stated, they will probably try to "upsell" the spa balcony's to those already in balcony's or maybe spa OV.

Of course we have all heard the stories of the person that booked an interior & was upgraded several times and ended up in a suite, but it's never happened to me or anyone I know.