What ships scheduled near future to add Guys and blueIguana Cantina?

wantocruisemore

I don't know about Blue Iguana but I don't think any more ships are going to get Guy's burgers. I'm guessing he wants too much money for the licensing rights or something along those lines.

There have been some ships that went into dry dock that did not get them added. I know the Miracle for one.

They seem to be a huge success, so I think it comes down to $$$$.

When Splendor's cruise director made the announcement of dry dock in March next year he said it would be getting Guys and Blue Iguana. Then when you look at the dry dock schedules on different websites it shows its getting red frog, blue iguana or it shows unknown. Splendor is one of the ships with the least number of fun ships 2.0 items. it needs a boost in 2.0 installs during its dry dock in March.

I wonder what happened, because when they first announced Guy's, it was the intention to put it fleet wide.

Yes, I am wondering also. Someone mentioned above licensing fees but I think that's just speculation. There may be logistical issues that Carnival is trying to address but hasn't been public about. That's my contribution to the speculation. :confused:

They just announced that the Fantasy was adding Guy's and of course the Vista is also being built with Guy's. Why would they still be adding it , if their was a licensing issue?? I think that is just a made up internet rumor, they will continue to add Guy's to ships over time. Maybe not flett wide anytime soon, but if sure doesnt seem like they are trying to phase it out, or stop adding it by any means.

They just announced that the Fantasy was adding Guy's and of course the Vista is also being built with Guy's. Why would they still be adding it , if their was a licensing issue?? I think that is just a made up internet rumor, they will continue to add Guy's to ships over time. Maybe not flett wide anytime soon, but if sure doesnt seem like they are trying to phase it out, or stop adding it by any means.

I was the poster that mentioned licensing for Guy's.

This is not fact but just my personal opinion based on other ships getting the 2.0 updates but not Guy's burgers. It is a very successful venue so I hope, if they do add more Guy's, that it doesn't now come with an additional fee.

Edited by tonit964
spelling

The more I think about it and the timeline for things, the more I think Carnival will not be adding any more Guy's Burgers. I'de be surprised if Fantasy actually gets it.

I think the reason Vista is getting it is because it was negotiated back when they started building it.

The last ship to get it was the Freedom, that was in July of last year. As has been stated, the Miracle was supposed to get it, they had the identical space for it, but did not.

Again, this is just my thought based on how things have played out.

The more I think about it and the timeline for things, the more I think Carnival will not be adding any more Guy's Burgers. I'de be surprised if Fantasy actually gets it.

I think the reason Vista is getting it is because it was negotiated back when they started building it.

The last ship to get it was the Freedom, that was in July of last year. As has been stated, the Miracle was supposed to get it, they had the identical space for it, but did not.

Again, this is just my thought based on how things have played out.

Time will tell I suppose. Your logic is reasonable given what we know has happened thus far. Splendor's upgrades have been pretty vague for sure but Fantasy has been announced as getting the 2.0. There's also the rumor (and I strongly stress "rumor") that Miracle may be diverted to Asia and thus the reason for the lack of full 2.0 upgrades on that ship. It's puzzling for sure.

Edited by joepeka

When Magic was originally scheduled for dry dock this year, the posted list of 2.0 upgrades did not include Guys or Blue Igunana. Since it was rescheduled for early 2016 no list of upgrades has been posted. Right now what Magic will get or not is just a rumor unless someone has a source most of us haven't seen yet.

Edited by Rudyard