The Royal Princess

lbt43

We have been on the Royal 3 times and just disembarked on Thursday. Believe it or not, we have had 3 different cruise directors and 3 totally different excellent experiences!!! The staff, the food, the service, have all been excellent!!! What a beautiful ship! We hated to get off of it!! Special thanks goes to Captain Oliver, this was the first cruise in the Caribbean after the transatlantic and I am sure it was not an easy cruise for him!! This ship will always have special meaning as we just got engaged on it on Sept 29th!!

We cruised on her for a 10-day southern this spring and were impressed. Enclave was a nice surprise (and treat), and we kept wandering far past our cabin just see more of the wonderful cruiser-photography. We always knew where our cabin was - just go past the llama with Machu Picchu reflected in its eyes!

We have been on the Royal 3 times and just disembarked on Thursday. Believe it or not, we have had 3 different cruise directors and 3 totally different excellent experiences!!! The staff, the food, the service, have all been excellent!!! What a beautiful ship! We hated to get off of it!! Special thanks goes to Captain Oliver, this was the first cruise in the Caribbean after the transatlantic and I am sure it was not an easy cruise for him!! This ship will always have special meaning as we just got engaged on it on Sept 29th!!

Congratulations on your engagement! :)

I am happy to read such positive comments on this thread about the Royal. I was beginning to get a bit nervous about taking my DH on his first ever cruise aboard her on 10/31 because I've read a lot of negative comments about the Royal lately. We are pretty easy going folks though, so I'm optimistic we will have a great time.

I am anxiously awaiting to read any recent reviews of the Caribbean routes that hopefully some will post here soon on CC. Do you happen to have the Patters from your recent cruise??

Thomasina

Wow! I was able to tour this ship on Thursday. Absolutely beautiful and stunning. I would sail this ship in a second! Beautiful rooms and decor, great private pool and pool area. Very well done.

Not sure which pool you mean as there is no "private pool."

There is the Retreat Pool outside the Sanctuary, but that pool may be used at no charge by any adult on the ship.

We have taken 5 cruises on the Royal for a total of 46 days. We love this ship.

The Horizon Court buffet is immensely better than on the older ships.

we just did the transatlantic on the Royal a few weeks ago…..i could not agree more about in the horizon court ….GREAT layout, excellent choices and, as usual, great service.

Its not our favorite princess ship because of the overall use of deck space, but thats just personal preference….but wow the horizon court was really something greatly improved.

I am anxiously awaiting to read any recent reviews of the Caribbean routes that hopefully some will post here soon on CC. Do you happen to have the Patters from your recent cruise??

Thomasina

I sure do have the patters, just got home, so have not gone through all that stuff yet!! can you write to me at the email off the list?

Janet

Thomasina

I sure do have the patters, just got home, so have not gone through all that stuff yet!! can you write to me at the email off the list?

Janet

Awesome, thank you! email sent ;)