returning to Norwegian

megann831

I try to keep up with the posts on these boards but I have a few questions before before we go on our next Norwegian cruise next month. We cruised on Carnival last year, other than that it's been about 5 years since we've cruised, which we used to do frequently, then took a baby break.

We're traveling on the Breakaway for 7 nights with a 3 and 5 year old.

1. Is there any sort of dress up night at all? From what I gather here there are not, but Carnival still had them so I wasn't sure if they exist, just not black tie

2. Will we be given a walkie talkie at the kids club? My daughter does have a peanut allergy and needs an epi pen so I don't know if we'd get any sort of preference.

3. What is the app we can download to talk to text one another? Is it reliable?

4. What is the room service charge? Are there still some item that are complementary? Is it a flat fee, or a la carte?

5. I understand the Breakaway needs to skip Great Stirrup Cay sometimes. What is the likelihood of that happening?

Hi.

You can DRESS UP OR NOT, which is what NCL calls it. Lots of people do, and lots don't as well

I dont remember a walkie talkie from Splash Academy.

iConcierge is the app

Room Service is $7.95. yes, some food items are included in your fare. A full menu is in the cabin.

Skipping GSC is not predictable. It is weather-dependent, which as you know, is not always perfectly predictable.

HAVE FUN!!

Edited by mizlorinj

This is from the FAQ's about the kids club. Hope it helps.

Parents or guardians must alert the Youth Staff of any allergies, required medications or special needs of their child/teen when registering.

It is recommended for parents to contact the access desk for any severe allergies, medical conditions or specials needs by calling toll free 1-866-584-9756 or by sending an email to accessdesk@ncl.com.

I remember one night which is called Norwegians night out and its the evening you can dress up and take photo's with the family, usually in the main atrium. There is a photographer set up there and takes the photos. I also think it the same night that the captain meets everyone and you can take photo's with him as well. If I am wrong please chime in.