Changes to Sail Away party

MaiTaiMary

We had a steel pan guy on the Sensation last week. He was very enthusiastic but it was just odd. He wasn't playing island music. He was playing the steel pan along with Top 40/Pop/Dance tracks playing from his laptop. And he didn't seem to know all of the songs he was trying to play so sometimes he would sing a few lines then jump in with the drum at the chorus. Like I said, strange, but entertaining. :D

Steel drums were on the Breeze on our August 2015 sailing. No drums n Splendor 15/16 New Years cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am fairly sure we had a steel drum duo performing above the Lido pool on the Magic last May. I don't recall if it was during sail away, but we only saw them one time. I can't say they weren't performing more times.:) Hopefully they were!:)

That's because we didn't frequent the Lido pool area because of past experiences with the LOUD DJ sounds on similar ships....I wouldn't call the DJ sounds Caribbean at all??? :confused:

Maybe......someone could explain the DJ music concept on cruise ships at sail away and on the Lido pool areas during the cruise??:confused: It used to be limited to the Night Clubs after 10pm?:confused:

Edited by jwjax

I am fairly sure we had a steel drum duo performing above the Lido pool on the Magic last May. I don't recall if it was during sail away, but we only saw them one time. I can't say they weren't performing more times.:) Hopefully they were!:)

That's because we didn't frequent the Lido pool area because of past experiences with the LOUD DJ sounds on similar ships....I wouldn't call the DJ sounds Caribbean at all??? :confused:

Maybe......someone could explain the DJ music concept on cruise ships at sail away and on the Lido pool areas dring the cruise??:confused: It used to be limited to the Night Clubs after 10pm?:confused:

To us lately the DJ is making loud noise and contributing nothing to our cruise.

Steel drums would be amazing!!! Nothing better than sailing through the Caribbean with that sound in the air......

Love getting back on the ship and they have these bands playing down on the pier. I will stand there for 20+ minutes just listening to them, and tipping them of course.:D:D

Totally agree!!

Interesting' date=' never knew that some people will tip bands on the ship. Have to think about this.[/quote']

I think they meant tipping the bands on the pier as you're walking back to the ship, not the bands actually on the ship. The ones on the pier are playing for tips, the ones on the ship are paid by Carnival so I wouldn't think a tip would be necessary. Unless you request a specific song to be played then maybe a tip, kind of like the piano bar.

Maybe......someone could explain the DJ music concept on cruise ships at sail away and on the Lido pool areas during the cruise?? It used to be limited to the Night Clubs after 10pm?

I'll give you three reasons: $ $ $

One dude playing the same tired crap over and over and over and over and over and over again. Line dances - for thems that can't dance. :p