Golden after October 2016 changes?

alolewis

We are booked on Golden Princess 21 days from Sydney to Hong Kong on April 6. Looks like the Golden is in for major overhaul right after that cruise and there are no further Golden cruises until October, is this correct? On the Princess website they have prior to October 2016 deck plans and after October 2016 Deck plans. For the life of me I don't see any differences or am I not looking hard enough? Cruise appears to be lightly booked, price has dropped twice in the past two weeks.

Golden won't be in drydock the entire summer; likely she will be leased out will all bookings required to go through a participating agency as was done with Sapphire Princess this past summer.

Someone reported from onboard that they spoke to an officer who indicated that Golden will have Asia-specific features added in a refit in late 2016. Princess will most likely not add those features to the online deck plans until the refit is complete; a few years ago they got bit in the butt when they published in the Cruise Atlas the "after" layout for a ship scheduled for refit and some of the proposed features ended up not being built.

Edited by fishywood

On the Princess website they have prior to October 2016 deck plans and after October 2016 Deck plans. For the life of me I don't see any differences or am I not looking hard enough? Cruise appears to be lightly booked, price has dropped twice in the past two weeks.

Probably one or more cabins is being changed from one category to another.

No new venues being added. No old ones being removed.

i know once the Golden comes back to Australia in october 2016 it going to stay down under until at least september 2017....maybe longer

We are keen the 35 day August 2017 Sydney -Hawaii and Tahiti cruise on the Golden. I believe the Golden will be in China for the Nth. Summer 2016.