Muster drill needs improvement

So what they need to do is muster at say 4:00.
Here's where I think the breakdown happens. Muster is scheduled for 4:00. Does that mean...

* The horn blows at 4:00 and you're supposed to go to your muster station?

* You are supposed to be AT your muster station AT 4:00?

I understood it was the former.

I've always thought they should do it pre-boarding. Take groups of 100 people to a mock life boat station in the terminal, do the drill, send that group onto the ship with directions to go to their on board lifeboat station to "activate" their sea pass card.

That way everyone gets a fast drill as no one will be messing around wanting to get on the ship as quick as possible.

I've always thought they should do it pre-boarding. Take groups of 100 people to a mock life boat station in the terminal, do the drill, send that group onto the ship with directions to go to their on board lifeboat station to "activate" their sea pass card.

That way everyone gets a fast drill as no one will be messing around wanting to get on the ship as quick as possible.

Don't think that would work, as the group that happens to check in at one time would not necessarily be at the same muster station, so you would need to man all stations for the entire time of embarkation.

[quote name='S.A.M.J.R.']Here's where I think the breakdown happens. Muster is scheduled for 4:00. Does that mean...
* The horn blows at 4:00 and you're supposed to go to your muster station?
* You are supposed to be AT your muster station AT 4:00?

I understood it was the former.[/QUOTE]

Based on how the crew did things on our recent cruise, it's the latter. At 3:30pm, they closed all ship venues and there were crew members all over the ship directing passengers to their must stations. They weren't forceful, but pretty much not allowing guests to go back into the stateroom areas or go "up" the elevators. So, those of us that followed instructions and headed to our stations were there by 3:40. And then we waited and waited. The horn did sound at 4:00 as we all stood there, lined up and waiting another 10 minutes until they finally got the stragglers accounted for.

It was not big deal as the weather was nice, and we only waited about 30 minutes and had some nice conversations with fellow guests, but it's still aggravating that there are so many other passengers who arrive late, making us wait.