Celebrity is a great value

asmith19

Confused is when something just makes no sense. Like when someone says they are not going to cruise with Celebrity again it makes little to no sense as to why they would waste time in the Celebrity forum, instead of the forum of their new line of choice.

Sure any one is free to do as they wish, but it is confusing that anyone would waste time on something that they no longer care about or will utilize in the future.

I don't spend any time in the Carnival forums for example, as I have no plans to sail them so why would I bother, unless I was trolling.

The problem is I care too much. It breaks my heart to see, what we thought was the cream of the crop turned into a run of the mill cruise lie. We used to cruise Holland America and Princess but were ready to walk away completely when we found Celebrity. 13 of our last 14 have been on Celebrity Our last three (two on Equinox and one on Silhouette) have been equal to Holland America, except for the ship. If this level wasn't good enough three years ago, it's not good enough now.

I will continue to post as long as people like you play god when someone says something less than perfect about their beloved line. Give me a C, give me a E, give me a L, give me a E, give me a B, give me a R, give me a I, give me a T, and give me a Y. What does that spell? I didn't mean to steal your thunder.

The problem is I care too much. It breaks my heart to see, what we thought was the cream of the crop turned into a run of the mill cruise lie. We used to cruise Holland America and Princess but were ready to walk away completely when we found Celebrity. 13 of our last 14 have been on Celebrity Our last three (two on Equinox and one on Silhouette) have been equal to Holland America, except for the ship. If this level wasn't good enough three years ago, it's not good enough now.

I will continue to post as long as people like you play god when someone says something less than perfect about their beloved line. Give me a C, give me a E, give me a L, give me a E, give me a B, give me a R, give me a I, give me a T, and give me a Y. What does that spell? I didn't mean to steal your thunder.

IMHO, which wont get you nuttin no where :D after 25+ years of cruises, they are all the same ole same ole run of the mill. We have sailed on RCCL, Princess and Celebrity 2X the past 4 years. The product delivered by X tho 'run of the mill' has been heads above what we received on the other 2.

Cheerleader, not close, but like to get the most enjoyment for the $$ we are forking over, and have found, that at the current time, to be with Celebrity.

Some people (like me) are just genuinely happy with the line. They perfectly suite my needs at this point in my life, when I get to 70, I may prefer something a bit more sedate. 10 years ago I may have wanted something more lively. I'm 95% satisfied. The annual awards X continues to get also show that the masses also think that in today's world that we live in it is still among the most appreciated lines. X offers a great value for money to me.

We can always look back and wish for what was, but reality is the world moves forward, tastes change, trends emerge, and what once was no longer makes sense. It wasn't too long back when cruise ships had no verandas, now lines tout having a majority of verandas. It wasn't too far back when dining options were fixed MDR dining and buffet. Now we have multiple selections and choices. It wan't too far back entertainment as limited to Waltzes and Fox Trots, now we have DJ's and modern music as options.

You can read all my posts, and will find a few expressing some dissatisfaction. But that majority are in fact positive, because I am indeed happy. I can sail any line I want easily enough, but X is it for me and my lifestyle. It's easy to see that there is no cruise line that will suit a person perfectly from cradle to the grave, they are clearly intended each to pick a particular aged demographic among other things.

I'm a rational being, and understand the economics of a business as it relates to inflation. I want a reasonable priced cabin, and don't want to see fares raising dramatically year over year, so that means changing the business model and watching expenses more carefully, and finding new revenue streams. I like to see how RCL/X has been handling things over time, and they really are doing it well. Yes, there will be some people who will be disgusted by the changes, but the truth is, there are plenty of new cruisers coming up to take those spots, and plenty of other lines looking to take the disgusted.

Edited by cle-guy

Can't help but think that if I had the luxury of hundreds of days on board any cruise line that I might become immune to the wonder and fun, and perhaps be upset with what changes from cruise to cruise, year to year. Maybe then I would feel it was run of the mill. If anyone wants to test that out, I'm happy for you to fund a cruising experiment with me as a guinea pig! :D

Just having some fun... and trying to find a nice way to say that I can understand everyone's opinion. I'm the OP and I posted my opinion because I saw a lot of negativity and was surprised what I found when I researched. As I said in my first post- YYMV! ;)

Average cruise review score on here

Carnival 73%

Holland America 75%

Royal Caribbean 76%

Princess 78%

Celebrity 83%

Clearly Celebrity offers a better product than the other mass market cruise lines.

Average cruise review score on here

Carnival 73%

Holland America 75%

Royal Caribbean 76%

Princess 78%

Celebrity 83%

Clearly Celebrity offers a better product than the other mass market cruise lines.

How dare you, what nerve, trying to interject facts and meaningful data into a discussion. :D

If you are done with Celebrity, why keep trolling the Celebrity board? :confused:

Although grandgeezer did not say it they are still crushing on Celebrity or at least they were scheduled in September.

"We have a B2B on the Silhouette in December. We booked guarantees on both and got cabin assignments last week. We were able to change both of then to a better location. This was through an online TA and we are in the U.S. Europe bookings might be different."

They have also booked one of the larger RCCL ships, so a comparison when they return will be interesting.

I have often thought about trying the Oasis style ship just to try it.

The bottom line is although it is implied that Grandgeezer is no longer cruising on Celebrity it does not seem to be true. I can only guess as to why they did not just say it.

The bottom line is although it is implied that Grandgeezer is no longer cruising on Celebrity it does not seem to be true. I can only guess as to why they did not just say it.

Hence my comment in post #11.

Supported by the comment in post #35 17 days ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251431

All which supports that there is no trolling going on, just concern by a dedicated current Cruise Critic member booked on a Celebrity sailing.

Hence my comment in post #11.

Supported by the comment in post #35 17 days ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251431

All which supports that there is no trolling going on, just concern by a dedicated current Cruise Critic member booked on a Celebrity sailing.

AHH got it. So that poster is being passive aggressive...rather than addressing the issue directly and making a real attempt to effect change.

Unfortunatley it has cost them a lot of credibility.