RCI/SWA Partnership?

PVDCruiser

WHen I was on the Southwest webpage today I noticed that their reservation page has a "tab" that show RCCL information. There must be some kind of partnership. Considering that Southwest flies to many of the RCI ports (FLL, TPA, Baltimore), probably makes sense.

Good evening!

My dad was flying on Southwest yesterday and one of the snack boxes had an ad for a contest for a free cruise for two. A line wasn't specified, but two pictures of the Voyager were on the box.

Does RCCL and SWA/WN/LUV have a partnership going?

OMG! You're kidding! You mean that "ding" will now take on DUAL meaning? :D

WHen I was on the Southwest webpage today I noticed that their reservation page has a "tab" that show RCCL information. There must be some kind of partnership. Considering that Southwest flies to many of the RCI ports (FLL, TPA, Baltimore), probably makes sense.

Also Houston for cruises out of Galveston.

More importantly, THEY GAVE OUT FOOD on a flight?????? :D

Yep! You get a small box of snacks for the longer flights. Not a huge meal, but considering that the legacy airlines are cutting services and you're still geting a cheap fare on SWA, it sounds like a good deal to me. :D

LOL. I love Southwest airlines!! They are the best of them all!! Those 737NG's with winglets are awesome, as well as the 733 and 735.

I hate the 733! (Sorry) Compared to the 73Gs, they just aren't as good. The 735s are OK.

Just asking your opining - do you think SWA will buy the 737-900X? (or whatever Boeing wants to call it)

Max you left out Orlando for cruises out of Port Canaveral. I'm not sure its a "partnership" since SWA does not fly to Miami which is where about half of the RCCL ships go out of in Florida. SWA was probably paid to advertise in various places. Baltimore airport (BWI) built a new wing just for SWA since they have a hub there. It's a nice airport now :)

Max you left out Orlando for cruises out of Port Canaveral. I'm not sure its a "partnership" since SWA does not fly to Miami which is where about half of the RCCL ships go out of in Florida. SWA was probably paid to advertise in various places. Baltimore airport (BWI) built a new wing just for SWA since they have a hub there. It's a nice airport now :)

Right - forgot about that one. Could also make an argument for PVD which is about an hour away from the Boston port. Haven't been to BWI in years. Glad to see improvements are being made since it was old and tired.

Right - forgot about that one. Could also make an argument for PVD which is about an hour away from the Boston port. Haven't been to BWI in years. Glad to see improvements are being made since it was old and tired.

PVD! PVD! :D

Can you tell that I'm a Rhode Islander yet? :D

Also a PVD note - in a few years a train station will hopefully be built for the airport so cruisers can take Amtrak or the MBTA commuter rail into Boston instead of by road.

Archived