Thriller on Serenade of the Seas

I know that quite a few people were recording it around where we were watching it. Perhaps someone uploaded it to YouTube.

I did not realize that Michael Jackson was actually 'Tino', the Activities Director, until the end when he took off the hat and wig. He did any excellent job. There were several classes teaching the 'Thriller' zombie dance to anyone who came. Then for the show, they all dressed with zombie makeup for the dance....

Thanks for that!

Hopefully a helpful hint for next time - the thread you redirected us to was pages long and I didn't know where #119 would fall. You can "isolate" one single post by clicking on its number in the right hand corner. It's awesome! Like this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47945445&postcount=119 <--click here

Life changing! (well OK, not really, but still very helpful :) )

~ OP - you might ask on your Roll Call as well. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Interesting. We were on the July 17, 2015 on Radiance. I don't remember seeing anything about a Michael Jackson show on that cruise. Maybe the Cruise Director had changed and the new one selected the MJ show for the Centrum. I suspect that there are a group of activities/entertainment that all CD's run (Love-Marriage, Quest, etc) and they also each have their own favorites they put on.

Interesting. We were on the July 17, 2015 on Radiance. I don't remember seeing anything about a Michael Jackson show on that cruise....

It may have been called "Thriller" flash mob or group dance or dance class or something similar. It's not a "show", per sé. They had it on our Serenade cruise two years ago - very popular and fun to watch. They publish the practice times in the Compass with the actual performance being on the last evening.

Thanks for that!

Hopefully a helpful hint for next time - the thread you redirected us to was pages long and I didn't know where #119 would fall. You can "isolate" one single post by clicking on its number in the right hand corner. It's awesome! Like this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47945445&postcount=119 <--click here

Life changing! (well OK, not really, but still very helpful :) )

~ OP - you might ask on your Roll Call as well. :)

Their is only one Cruise Director that teaches all the classes and performs with the customers, Steve Davis posted in this video.