Caribbean v Emerald question

mjmalino

We are looking at doing either a 7-night Scandinavian cruise on the Emerald or a 12 night British Isles on the Caribbean in July. We have been on the Caribbean twice at this point and have enjoyed cruising on her. Ultimately, our cruise choice may be decided on dates and amount of time my husband can get away (and my son's college orientation), especially given that we plan on spending a few days in London prior to the cruise visiting friends.

What are the differences/similarities between the 2 ships. I am especially interested in whether the Emerald has the larger balcony cabins on the Caribe, and I believe, the Dolphin, like the Caribbean.

Also, when I was looking at the deck plans trying to figure it out, I needed to choose a date to search deck plans for the Caribbean. Is it going into Dry Dock? Does anyone know what they will be doing?

Thanks!

What are the differences/similarities between the 2 ships.

Basically the Emerald has additional lounges and extra public areas for the same amount of passengers. You will find it very comfortable.

I am especially interested in whether the Emerald has the larger balcony cabins on the Caribe, and I believe, the Dolphin, like the Caribbean.

Port & Starboard Caribe deck balconies on the Emerald are 9'x9' half covered. Dolphin deck port and starboard balconies are uncovered and 9'x6'. All Dolphin deck cabins are mini-suites. Most other side facing balconies on other decks are 9'x5' and fully covered. Full suites and aft facing cabins have various size balconies.

Also, when I was looking at the deck plans trying to figure it out, I needed to choose a date to search deck plans for the Caribbean. Is it going into Dry Dock? Does anyone know what they will be doing?

No real changes, some cabins will have different categories assigned to them.

Thanks!

See above

Edited by sknight

The CB is a grand class ship with an added pax deck. The emerald is a newer class ship with the same staterooms for the most part. Your Carib/Dolphin decks will be the same on either ship. There are additional public areas and skywalkers is moved off the stern and located next to the funnels on emerald plus it is configured differently. The HC on emerald has been altered to give more space where the food is served and in the table area. The flow is much better. Layouts of decks 5, 6 and 7 are different but have all the same venues.