Rental car help

LuvWilliam

We are traveling with our son who will be turning three the day we depart. We are flying into FLL the day before our cruise from Port Everglades. We just realized that we won't be going straight from the airport to the port, we normally use the Royal Caribbean shuttle. So, we need a car seat. We decided to rent a car. Can anyone tell me the easiest way/company to rent one from FLL then return somewhere closer? I guess my husband can drop us off at the boat the return the car, but does he have to drive all the way back to FLL ? Any help would be appreciated as we are leaving in less than three weeks.

If you do rent a car, Avis has an agency at The Hyatt just a few blocks from the terminals for an easy and quick return. The shuttle to the port has a small charge - think it is $8. Also check with your hotel about a shuttle from the airport and to the pier if you do not need the car for touring, etc.

I'm traveling with a 3yo to Miami the day before my cruise. We also travelled to Orlando for a cruise two days before the cruise when he was 2 yo last year.

You can rent a car with a car seat from any of the major rental companies. I am picking up a car at PBI and returning at the 2nd st local Alamo near the port. You just have to request a seat when you reserve(usually a $12-$13 fee). I will drop my party off at the port, return the car, and them take uber or the free shuttle depending on timing. Alamo doesn't charge a one way fee. Neither does hertz, Avis, or budget but enterprise does.

I must warn you that if you have a Britax or the like at home, the rental seats are much less expensive (think Cosco). You may also want to bring a cover for the seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are traveling with our son who will be turning three the day we depart. We are flying into FLL the day before our cruise from Port Everglades. We just realized that we won't be going straight from the airport to the port, we normally use the Royal Caribbean shuttle. So, we need a car seat. We decided to rent a car. Can anyone tell me the easiest way/company to rent one from FLL then return somewhere closer? I guess my husband can drop us off at the boat the return the car, but does he have to drive all the way back to FLL ? Any help would be appreciated as we are leaving in less than three weeks.

Rent at FLL...We've used Thrifty/Dollar, you can then return it to their location which is just outside the Port Everglades gate..they have a free shuttle that will then take all of you to the ship terminal. Another close company (on 17th Street) is Budget...and same applys.

You might read some on this topic on the family cruise board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Instead of renting a seat I would bring my own - the airlines will check them for free if you do not use it on the flight. That way you know it will be appropriately sized and maintained and you'll have it available for port visits.