Downgrading a drinks package

J.E.C

We both have the classic drinks package (as part of 123).

This is great for me, but for DH (who is a non drinker) will he be able to downgrade to the premium non-alcoholic package (he likes sparkling water and the Aqua Spa smoothies).

We are on the Millennium in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone had successfully done this on that ship.

Many thanks

I "downgraded" our last cruise from the Classic Alcohol to the Premium Non-Alcohlic package. We usually buy that package because we drink a lot of sparking water, bottled water, coffee and tea. I did this before the cruise by calling Celebrity directly since I was upgrading my husband to the Premium alcohol package. It turned out to be a bit time consuming because they did not know how to handle the "downgrade". They ended up charging me something like $37 to downgrade from the free/included package I had. I just paid the fee to get the whole thing over with and because I did not pay for the package I already had. However, next time I would take my chances and just try on the ship. Have heard people have mixed results but I think if you persist it should not be a problem.

We've done this twice on X, as recently as June. Do it at guest relations as soon as you board. They get you to sign a form agreeing to no refund. Apparently if you have already ordered drinks it makes it more difficult. We've also done it on Royal 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering why you would want to downgrade as I thought that the classic included the smoothies & sparkling water.

I don't believe the Classic Alcoholic package includes sparkling water or the Aqua bar smoothies, the premium non alcoholic one does. However I am happy to be corrected.

I'm wondering why you would want to downgrade as I thought that the classic included the smoothies & sparkling water.

To my knowledge, there is definitely no "sparkling water" available on the Classic Package. I didn't think you could get the Aqua Spa smoothies unless you had a Premium Package. If you are concerned, check first.