Boarding delay...

KAR3600

I'm boarding in FLL this weekend!!! But since this is the Emerald's first time back in the states it has go through a lot inspections. Has anyone experienced this before? Was the terminal crazy??

I am not scheduled to board until 4:00....I planned on arriving around 2 to at least check my bags.

Any advice is appreciated!!!

When the Royal came back from Europe last month disembarkation was very late, and that caused boarding for the next cruise to be delayed as was sailing time. The number of customs agents was not enough for the entire crew and all of the passengers to be cleared. We were supposed to disembark at 8:30, and it was after 10:30 when we got off, and we didn't clear customs until 11:30. It was the worst ta disembarkation in 6 ta cruises.

The email that you received from Princess explained the reasons for the late boarding. Every ship that returns from over seas must be Coast Guard inspected, health department, and of course immigrations and customs for the crew.

Luggage drop off will not even start till 1pm as posted on the 10/17/15 roll call.

Show up early and you'll wait in the crowd.

Hal

When the Royal came back from Europe last month disembarkation was very late, and that caused boarding for the next cruise to be delayed as was sailing time. The number of customs agents was not enough for the entire crew and all of the passengers to be cleared. We were supposed to disembark at 8:30, and it was after 10:30 when we got off, and we didn't clear customs until 11:30. It was the worst ta disembarkation in 6 ta cruises.

We were lucky, we were supposed to leave by 7:45 and actually got off around 8:00. The customs line looked bad, but actually was pretty short (there was a separate line of the crew).

We had no trouble getting to the airport by 9:00 am for an 11:00 am flight.

In this case, early was better.

I'd get there by noon...they don't hold you to your expected arrival time!

While this may be true for regular sailings it is not the case here. As noted, this is the first sailing following a transatlantic so the inspections etc are more rigorous. This is the time to arrive when Princess asks.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk