"LIVE" from Norwegian Getaway - Oct 17, 2015

Radio

Here are a few shots of the Mandara Spa and Pulse Fitness Center . . .

Radio

A lot of passengers are getting a workout. .

F1.jpg

Ahhh. . .The Thalassotherapy pool is inviting in the Thermal Spa

F14.jpg

The heated loungers look comforting

F16.jpg

I don’t think I’m cut out for the Salt Room

F12.jpg

There are plenty of passenger loungers

F8.jpg

This whole area is right above Norwegian Getaway Bridge

F9.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much for your live review!! I feel like I have relived our cruise this past July. We fell in love with the Getaway, everything about her! The itinerary wasn't our favorite, but we had one of the best family vacations we have ever had. One thing I regret not doing is eating at Cagney's. This is on my list for next year. We got back in early July and with in one week, had rebooked the Getaway for July 2016. It's her new route too!! Our room steward was Ryan. By far the best room attendant we have ever had take care of us. He told us he was moving to the Escape. Thanks again for your review!!!

Hi there,

I have been reading your review (and loving it!) and am dying to ask a question. Is there a space opposite the vibe on deck 16/17 that has the nicer lounge beds and stuff? Or was that a thing of the past..

Thanks so much and great review!

Hello everyone . . . Norwegian Getaway arrived in Nassau at about 11:45 with clear sunny skies and very warm temps. It really has been a great weather week for cruising. Just a shower or two during sea days, but overall the weather has been beautiful.

With 4 ships in port today, the crowds were heavy. The worst part was entering the port facility, and leaving the marketplace. Nassau really has a lot of attractions, with many things to do for all age groups. I decide however just to do some shopping, look around a bit, and have a final relaxing day on board, I was successful.

We will be in Miami early tomorrow, and I am thinking that there are probably 4000 Cruise Passengers who are planning what they will do when they board this lovely ship tomorrow morning. There are only about 20 passengers that will be on a B2B. I wish one of them was me. I’m sure that I will be cruising again very soon, and my memories about Norwegian Getaway will last a long time.

I have a lot of photos to post that have been missed this week . . . I also have a lot of scans. I will be posting these items over the next several days. I will be driving up to Sanford, Florida tomorrow morning to catch AutoTrain at 2:30. I should be posting again from the train.

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Norwegian Getaway sailed past the iconic Lighthouse about 11:30AM as we approached Nassau

F51.jpg

Carnival Pride, and Carnival Victory are already in port. . .Carnival Sensation will arrive soon

F53.jpg

With 4 ships in port today, Nassau was a madhouse

F40.jpg

The live band was very good at the shopping area

F43.jpg

OK . . . It’s time to go back to my home for just one more night

F47.jpg

The best thing about Nassau is Norwegian Getaway at the pier

F35.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hello everyone . . . Norwegian Getaway arrived in Nassau at about 11:45 with clear sunny skies and very warm temps. It really has been a great weather week for cruising. Just a shower or two during sea days, but overall the weather has been beautiful.

With 4 ships in port today, the crowds were heavy. The worst part was entering the port facility, and leaving the marketplace. Nassau really has a lot of attractions, with many things to do for all age groups. I decide however just to do some shopping, look around a bit, and have a final relaxing day on board, I was successful.

We will be in Miami early tomorrow, and I am thinking that there are probably 4000 Cruise Passengers who are planning what they will do when they board this lovely ship tomorrow morning. There are only about 20 passengers that will be on a B2B. I wish one of them was me. I’m sure that I will be cruising again very soon, and my memories about Norwegian Getaway will last a long time.

I have a lot of photos to post that have been missed this week . . . I also have a lot of scans. I will be posting these items over the next several days. I will be driving up to Sanford, Florida tomorrow morning to catch AutoTrain at 2:30. I should be posting again from the train.

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Norwegian Getaway sailed past the iconic Lighthouse about 11:30AM as we approached Nassau

F51.jpg

Carnival Pride, and Carnival Victory are already in port. . .Carnival Sensation will arrive soon

F53.jpg

With 4 ships in port today, Nassau was a madhouse

F40.jpg

The live band was very good at the shopping area

F43.jpg

OK . . . It’s time to go back to my home for just one more night

F47.jpg

The best thing about Nassau is Norwegian Getaway at the pier

F35.JPG

Thank you Radio!! Love the pics and letting us fellow cruisers follow your day by day reports. I'm waiting for my turn to see this beautiful ship and explore the western Caribbean on the 29th of November. thank you again and a very safe travel home.

Radio- I would like your thoughts on the auto train accommodations. We have traveled in the regular reserved seats but have often thought of getting a "roomette" if the price was ever right. Have you ever traveled in one- what do you think? Do you have any pictures? Thanks and have a great ride home!

Radio- I would like your thoughts on the auto train accommodations. We have traveled in the regular reserved seats but have often thought of getting a "roomette" if the price was ever right. Have you ever traveled in one- what do you think? Do you have any pictures? Thanks and have a great ride home!

Yes Polomom...I always get a sleeper. . .I took quite few pics if the Roomette, and will try to post some of them. My connection on AutoTrain sometime is weak, but you will have them today or tomorrow. . .

Radio

;-) ;-)

Hi Radio! We are on the Getaway in the Haven in January. Enjoying your review!

Can you tell me who is the concierge right now?

Thanks!

John Dsouza is the Haven Concierge. . .

Radio

;-) ;-)

Thank you, Radio, for another great cruise. It was nice and relaxing!

Anything in your near future?

There are several ideas being kicked around for Jan 2016. . .

I will be cruising. . .ship and sail date not locked in.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 8 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway. (a little later than normal) Norwegian Getaway pulled into the Port of Miami area about 545AM. She then headed west to the turning basin, and then docked about 6:45AM. The ship was cleared for debarkation at 7:25. I was through customs and in the parking lot by 7:40. . . It was very smooth and very fast. I had to carry my own luggage (No porter available), but that was Ok as I needed to beat feet up the Florida Turnpike to arrive at Amtrak in Sanford at 2PM.

I actually arrived early at 1PM, and AutoTrain 52 headed north at 345PM. The train is much light heading north (about half of the SB Train 53) and we are scheduled to arrive in Lorton, VA at 9AM. Dinner tonight was very good (Not Cagney’s, but still good) I should be hitting the rack early tonight to catch up on my sleep a little.

Here are a few pics from today . . . thanks for tuning in.

Radio

A very early view (3AM) of the Main Pool

SS5.jpg

We were still out at seas heading to the Pier at 5AM

MAP18.jpg

We have arrived at Terminal B/C

SS2A.jpg

I arrive at AutoTrain station On time !

SS1.jpg

Nice sunny weather while my car is being loaded

SS3.jpg

So long Florida . . . see you again soon !

SS4.jpg