weather question in western carribbean...

Retiring cajun

western Carribbean in February on CB. looking at excursion Tiki beach or seven mile beach. I'm curious. Are their thunderstorms every day? trying to figure out best time to go to beach. I don't really want to go at 8:30 in morn. there's also an 11-2:30 exc.

You can check out holiday-weather.com for historic weather info for virtually anywhere in the world. February is dry season in the Caribbean, odds of major thunderstorms is minimal. Quick passing shower - possible, but not highly likely. Go when you're ready. In Grand Cayman, very easy to get to Seven Mile Beach on your own - for a longer visit..

Good to know! How would we get to seven mile on our own? Longer would be nice!

This is where the Ports or Call forums cone into play - excellent info on each port there.

For us, we took Thr tender in, and got a cab over to the beach area. Arranged a time for pick-up and returned when we wanted to- leaving plenty of time for tender lines...taxis are readily available outside the tender area..

western Carribbean in February on CB. looking at excursion Tiki beach or seven mile beach. I'm curious. Are their thunderstorms every day? trying to figure out best time to go to beach. I don't really want to go at 8:30 in morn. there's also an 11-2:30 exc.

Not likely, it's the dryer season.

It has been our experience that one experiences calmer weather in the morning than in the afternoon in the Caribbean.

We snorkel a lot and wind can be a real factor - we try to choose morning excursions where possible. But we are also on vacation, so mid-morning excursions allow us to get a good night's sleep, and time to digest a breakfast.

We bought our own snorkel gear so in most cases we are not tied down to excursions where we have to wait for a cattle call.