Getting ready to board breakaway

megann831

We've got about 2 weeks left so I'm starting to get some things together. It's me, my husband, our 5 and 3 year olds. What should I have in our carry on? I've got passports for me and my husband, birth certificates for the kids and everyone's social security cards just in case.

Should I bring their bathing suits in my carry on? It's November in ny so it will be cool, but if other kids are they'll want to too.

I believe our check in time is 9:30 but I know we won't board closer till 12, what do we do inbetween. Their 1st cruise, a year and a half ago, we brought a stroller, this time we're not. I'm a little worried about being in lines with bags and no way to contain the kids.

Where do I find our luggage tags? I printed the boarding passes but don't see luggage tags

Going on the breakaway in 4 weeks, let me know how it is!

I would definitely pack a change of clothes in case luggage is delivered later than you planned on going to dinner (assuming you even want to change.) I don't think you'll need the suits but if you think they would want to go in, and you would let them, stuff them in there. I take my toiletries also in carry on just to freshen up. As for kids, lines & keeping them occupied, sorry, don't have kids, but maybe a cell phone game or something to keep them occupied? I go for a later check in myself but I know when you are early there is a waiting room, might be better than standing in line. I'm sure others on here will have more to say though.

Have a great time!! :D

Edited by worktocruise610

ANYTHING of value....medicines, jewelry, electronics, etc...should ALL BE IN YOUR POSSESSION at all times! Never check those things.

Bring anything else you'll need for the next 5 hours or so...the rest can be in your locked, checked bags.

If you still have a small stroller I say bring it. You don't need to put a child in it unless they want to go in. I used to bring the stroller every where even when she grew out of using one. I used it to carry supplies, our coats, snacks, etc. It was really helpful when we took a trip to Disney and to water parks. It's up to you if you want to try.

How are you getting to the pier? If you are bringing car seats, you can check them with your luggage. Put a luggage tag on them and some other ID on them. I wrote on ours with a sharpie. I didn't put a luggage tag on it and it got separated from the suitcase I had tied it to and it showed up in our room later in the evening.

Definitely bring bathing suits in a carry on, you never know how the weather will turn out. Better yet, wear them under your clothes. :D

If you can't find the luggage tags they will give you blank ones at the port. Bring adhesive return address labels and put them right on them, it's a great time saver. They people in line behind you will be happy. Enjoy your cruise.

Slightly off topic but do your self a favor and bring several pairs of disposable earplugs for everyone in your party. All three shows (Burn the Floor, Rock of Ages - listen to them when they say this show is NOT PG!!!- and Cirqu Jungle) were all very loud as was as Tepinyaki. If you find you don't need them great! But they will be a great thing to have just in case.

My youngest enjoyed the teen club, Entourage, to the point that we hardly saw her. We saw, on many instances, the younger kids doing scavenger hunts, dance parties, swim parties, and dining together. Can't speak from personal experience for the 8-13 set but they looked like they were having fun and my teen Definately had fun with the planned activities.

Be careful with them getting on and off at the ports. It was pretty crazy and there were characters (sponge bob, dolphin, pirate, etc) doing meet and greet photo ops and there were a lot of people crowding around-easy to loose the little ones there.

HAve a great time.