Nice cheap upgrade on RCI to Royal Family Suite

Hi all,

I've never been offered an upgrade before so thought I'd share, I think I got a great deal :)

I am off on Voyager of the Seas next week, and received a call from RCI last week offering me a nice upgrade from E3 balcony to Royal Family Suite for a good price. Well, I think it was actually a great price at $600 for 14 nights. Especially when you consider the double points and all for being a suite. We already had a bargain basement price on the cruise anyway, so very happy!!

Anyone else had great upgrades?

Cathy

We were very happy with our free upgrade from JS to GS on Legend of the Seas last month. Didnt affect our points of course as JS already attracts double points.

Took full advantage of the CL and didnt use the DL even though they are both great facilities on that ship.

Hugh

That's a great deal. Do you definitely get double points when you do an upsell. We didn't but it was Holland America.

I was going to say the same. I've read that paid upgrades on RCL also don't get extra points.

It's a great deal in any case though, and the extra benefits are worth the money in any case!

Definitely double points for a PAID upgrade.

Not for a free upgrade.

We have had 2 free upgrades. Balcony to Junior Suite, no double points.

Junior Suite to RFS, as Hugh said, already double points.

I have done 5 self initiated paid upgrades to RFS.

But it is so much harder to do now. They make you cancel your original stateroom, and re-book.

Last time I just gave up.:mad::mad:

Definitely double points for a PAID upgrade.

Not for a free upgrade.

We have had 2 free upgrades. Balcony to Junior Suite, no double points.

Junior Suite to RFS, as Hugh said, already double points.

I have done 5 self initiated paid upgrades to RFS.

But it is so much harder to do now. They make you cancel your original stateroom, and re-book.

Last time I just gave up.:mad::mad:

Self-initiated is different - and as you say they make you cancel your original booking, so as a new booking the upgrade is what it was booked in.

But when RCL do the same as a free upgrade and contact you (instead of you initiating) and upsell, in the US you don't get the extra credit.

I haven't heard of anyone doing it here, so the situation may be different again.

Thanks everyone!

Goody - There are just 2 of us in the room, a little wasted on us I know but I don't think there will be too many families on this one, repositioning from Singapore to Sydney. We have friends cruising with us and I've told them if they come over for drinks they can just crash in our spare room :)

Mia - We are diamond.

Thanks everyone!

Goody - There are just 2 of us in the room, a little wasted on us I know but I don't think there will be too many families on this one, repositioning from Singapore to Sydney. We have friends cruising with us and I've told them if they come over for drinks they can just crash in our spare room :)

That's funny...well done on the upgrade. Sounds a terrific deal.

2 in a room, you will enjoy the luxury! You will be able to be in the Concierge or the Diamond lounge. :) I was having a look, those RFS's are at the aft? We have friends going on that cruise, and we will get on as you get off in Sydney. ;) You may not see this before you go, it is getting close now. Hope you can put some pics up later.

Edited by goodycruising

Hi all we to are on this cruise Singapore to Sydney , we got an email today to say we had a free upgrade from lowest inside to a D2 balcony so we are very happy :D

Jacquie

Woah, that's also a really nice upgrade!

Good move to get some loyalty from passengers.