Manaus Brazil Port

SonarSonarSonar

Does anyone know how far is the disembarkation point at the Manaus Port to where you get picked up for tours/taxies? I have someone on a walker/wheelchair and trying to decide if the walker would suffice.

We're arriving on the MS Prinsendam.

Thanks

Edited by SonarSonarSonar

This was the floating dock in Manaus 16 years ago. You can see that there are tour buses on the far left. I think if you ask on the Ports of Call board for South America here at CC, you might get some more recent information. EM

Manaus1_zpsam35rtmg.jpg

Does anyone know how far is the disembarkation point at the Manaus Port to where you get picked up for tours/taxies? I have someone on a walker/wheelchair and trying to decide if the walker would suffice.

Thanks

Tour busses for all HAL tours came down onto the floating dock, but taxi's do not..If I were you, I would rent a small collapsible wheelchair & take it with you, as it's a very long walk up to the road.. We've been there three times, the latest was in 2013 on the Prinsendam & I only use a cane..It was tough for me, but I would think someone using a walker/wheelchair would have a major problem..

There is a company which rents these wheelchairs right at the Fort Lauderdale port.. Wish I could remember which one but suggest you check this board for the name of that company..

Thanks

This is a pic of the vehicular bridge (no foot traffic allowed) that runs between the Manaus' floating dock, where the cruise ships berth, and the shore-side commercial container area. The actual terminal building, which doubles as a river ferry boat terminal, is out of the pic to the right. In the parking lot of that terminal building, across from the old customs building, is where you find the taxis. The Manaus Port Authority runs a shuttle bus between the ship/floating dock and that terminal building

Manaus%20Porto%20Flutuante%20or%20Floating%20Dock_zpsilk3o35k.jpg

Manaus%20Alfandega%20or%20Customs%20House_zps0zavgyah.jpg

The Alfandega or Manaus Customs Building, located opposite the ferry terminal building where you'll find your taxis

Manaus%20Terminal%20Building_zps89fhgwys.jpg

The Manaus ferry terminal building viewed from the river with the customs house in the background

Thanks

I’m sorry, I was on the Prinsendam when it stopped in Manaus on Dec. 3, 2014 and also on Feb. 28, 2015. And I need to say that recognize the Customs Building but I do not recognize any of the other pier photographs shown previously on this thread.

I recall a bridge for trucks to get to the pier, which also had a walking path that needed to be used to get to any cabs. The pier was so busy loading riverboats that I noticed no busses or taxis on the pier. I saw no courtesy bus taking passengers across the bridge.

The bridge is near the center of the attached picture. The walking path, which takes about five minutes at a normal pace, has a green cover. The picture was taken from the aft of the Promenade deck of the Prinsendam.

Scott & Karen

Manaus2015.pdf

There are now two floating piers in Manaus.

Manaus2_zpsc1g2di2n.jpg

My picture, and Copper's third picture are of the original pier which is on the right. Copper's first picture is of the newer pier. In his third picture, note the gray square in the lower right. That's the sign that marks the high water level of the river in flood season every year.

Your picture is of the original pier. The green building is the ferry terminal building. My picture was taken from the (original) Royal Princess approaching Manaus in Feb. 1999. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I’m sorry, I was on the Prinsendam when it stopped in Manaus on Dec. 3, 2014 and also on Feb. 28, 2015. And I need to say that recognize the Customs Building but I do not recognize any of the other pier photographs shown previously on this thread.

I recall a bridge for trucks to get to the pier, which also had a walking path that needed to be used to get to any cabs. The pier was so busy loading riverboats that I noticed no busses or taxis on the pier. I saw no courtesy bus taking passengers across the bridge.

The bridge is near the center of the attached picture. The walking path, which takes about five minutes at a normal pace, has a green cover. The picture was taken from the aft of the Promenade deck of the Prinsendam.

Scott & Karen

This is a great photo of the waterfront depicting the riverboats used by locals to navigate up and down they river. They bring their own hammocks and food and we were told they do not depart until they have a full load of passengers.

The waterfront is also close to the big marketplace for fresh fish, meat and produce. Most private tour operators visit and it would be wheelchair accessible.