Hyatt Pier 66 Shuttle/Avis

LuvWilliam

A few months ago I called and asked Hyatt Regency Pier 66 if they had a shuttle from the hotel to the pier. They told me they did not. I saw something a few days ago here on CC about a shuttle so I called again and they said they did have a shuttle and it was $7 a person.

Now, here is my backstory. Our group of nine is traveling with our three year old son... We need transportation from FLL to the hotel, hotel to dinner and back and then the hotel to the pier the next morning. We decided to rent a car with a car seat from Avis and the rest of us take taxis. When I called Avis told me that they have a shuttle to the pier and my three year old can go. So we will return the car the next morning and take their shuttle.

Here are my questions: Does anyone know if this is a free shuttle? We are renting a mini van I believe. Is the shuttle the same shuttle at Hyatt Regency or are they separate vans? We are just asking because like I said we have nine people traveling with us. We would love to all head over to the pier together if possible.

We used the Avis shuttle (different than the Hyatt shuttle) last month. There was no additional cost to use the shuttle, certainly no "per person" cost. However the shuttle cost may have been built in to the price of the rental. The reason I say that is because when I made the rental reservation, I chose the location called: "Port Everglades Shuttle for Cruise Ships, QF1".

A few months ago I called and asked Hyatt Regency Pier 66 if they had a shuttle from the hotel to the pier. They told me they did not. I saw something a few days ago here on CC about a shuttle so I called again and they said they did have a shuttle and it was $7 a person.

Now, here is my backstory. Our group of nine is traveling with our three year old son... We need transportation from FLL to the hotel, hotel to dinner and back and then the hotel to the pier the next morning. We decided to rent a car with a car seat from Avis and the rest of us take taxis. When I called Avis told me that they have a shuttle to the pier and my three year old can go. So we will return the car the next morning and take their shuttle.

Here are my questions: Does anyone know if this is a free shuttle? We are renting a mini van I believe. Is the shuttle the same shuttle at Hyatt Regency or are they separate vans? We are just asking because like I said we have nine people traveling with us. We would love to all head over to the pier together if possible.

This would be my suggestion, the hotel is over the bridge and across the street from the pier. You are within very close walking distance to a lot of restaurants.

I would take cabs to the hotel (it's a short ride to the hotel), walk to dinner, and take cabs to the port.

Parking the rental car at the hotel will cost you around $30 per night whether you self park or valet.

The day you leave for the pier, take cabs. It is short, easy, and cheap.

I understand your want of a car seat for your child but you are talking about very short distances and your child will still have to travel from the rental place to the pier without a car seat.

A rental car will be an expensive PIA.

Edited by BlueHerons

This would be my suggestion, the hotel is over the bridge and across the street from the pier. You are within very close walking distance to a lot of restaurants.

I would take cabs to the hotel (it's a short ride to the hotel), walk to dinner, and take cabs to the port.

Parking the rental car at the hotel will cost you around $30 per night whether you self park or valet.

The day you leave for the pier, take cabs. It is short, easy, and cheap.

I understand your want of a car seat for your child but you are talking about very short distances and your child will still have to travel from the rental place to the pier without a car seat.

A rental car will be an expensive PIA.

I totally agree with it being a PIA. That was my original plan too... But I just learned of the Florida state laws changing... Cab companies will no longer allow a child under 8 ( I think?) to enter their taxis without a car seat. And no way am I dragging a car seat from PA to FL lol

I totally agree with it being a PIA. That was my original plan too... But I just learned of the Florida state laws changing... Cab companies will no longer allow a child under 8 ( I think?) to enter their taxis without a car seat. And no way am I dragging a car seat from PA to FL lol

What about Uber?