The Grand: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

KruzeKrazy!

AJs Grandpa, on your Cal Coastal, did they have two Festival Events called Matariki Festival and King Kamehameha Festival? If you did, can you please do a short review on those two events? On the cruise before yours, the King Kamehameha Festival was listed, but no one is posting on that board. We'll be doing the Hawaiian cruise on Oct. 24, this Saturday. Thanks for any info. Stan

AJs Grandpa, on your Cal Coastal, did they have two Festival Events called Matariki Festival and King Kamehameha Festival? If you did, can you please do a short review on those two events? On the cruise before yours, the King Kamehameha Festival was listed, but no one is posting on that board. We'll be doing the Hawaiian cruise on Oct. 24, this Saturday. Thanks for any info. Stan

Short answer is "No". Sounds like something associated with a Hawaiin cruise. Our cruise just went down the coast and back.

Does anyone know if the laundry is tokens or coin on the grand?

On the Grand they use tokens in the laundry that automatically get charged to your account.

We were on her in August for an Alaska cruise , enjoyed our time on her , but I did see a few places that had containers catching drips , slight musty smell every now & then . On our last day ,our suitcases were placed outside the cabin for collection & we had to move them as they were getting dripped on ! Hadn't happened there until then so no drama .

I prefer the Ruby Princess as it seemed slightly grander !!

Love the Grand!

I have sailed her to Hawaii and also to Alaska.

I love the dessert buffet area, similar to the ones found on the Sapphire and the Star.

I of course love Alfredo's.

Vista Lounge is wonderful, rather than Club Fusion.

As a walker, I like the old fashioned surface on the promenade deck, which is not as slippery when wet as the newer laminate/ synthetic type surfaces found on some ships.

I too miss Skywalkers, but I like the Grand's many other positives.

Go for it:)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

On the Grand they use tokens in the laundry that automatically get charged to your account.

We were on her in August for an Alaska cruise , enjoyed our time on her , but I did see a few places that had containers catching drips , slight musty smell every now & then . On our last day ,our suitcases were placed outside the cabin for collection & we had to move them as they were getting dripped on ! Hadn't happened there until then so no drama .

I prefer the Ruby Princess as it seemed slightly grander !!

Guess they have upgraded the laundry to tokens operation since our cruise last March - needed a bunch of quarters then !! :eek:

...VTX-Al

Guess they have upgraded the laundry to tokens operation since our cruise last March - needed a bunch of quarters then !! :eek:

...VTX-Al

Yes , now you swipe your cabin card & select the tokens you want , much easier than having to get a bunch of coins .

The laundry we used was on tha Baja deck ,I guess all the others were the same.

The Grand works for us. No problem with the lack of Skywalker's. We did find ourselves foolishly trying to use the central stairs a few times but we just shook our heads, laughed at ourselves, and went another way. The smaller closets weren't really a problem for us.

Bottom line is we would gladly sail on Grand again if it fit our cruising needs.