Magic retractable roof?

tea4ular

Splendor is the only one that I know of that has the retractable roof over the lido decks mid pool area. And some of the conquest class or all of the conquest class have a retractable roof over the aft pool like Liberty and I think Glory.

Splendor is the only one that I know of that has the retractable roof over the lido decks mid pool area. And some of the conquest class or all of the conquest class have a retractable roof over the aft pool like Liberty and I think Glory.

Definitely Splendor does - sailed her twice. I have been on many ships (different lines) that also have them. I have always liked that feature.

Only a few days to go!!

:p

• 4 weeks later...

Conquest-class, as well as Victory and Triumph, have a retractable roof over the aft Lido pool. Spirit-class and Splendor have a retractable roof over a midships pool. It's a nice feature when you're sailing a northern itinerary, but it can feel like a sauna at times.

Freedom also has the retractable roof over the back pool. One day they closed it for a quick rain storm.

On a beautiful sunny day in port they had it closed, making it miserably hot, so nobody sat out there. Seems like they just forgot to reopen it and none of the crew members seem to know who should open it.

I agree that sometimes that retractable roof can be a bummer. It can feel like a steamy sauna under that cover pretty quickly, and that cover is more of a nuisance than an asset since they often seem reluctant to reopen it after you've passed through a rain shower.

It can quickly render that section of the ship undesirable if they don't reopen it timely.