Spa, availability and web in advance prices vs port days

Sailingpeace

I've never booked in advance, but normally don't wait for port day specials. I've always gone to the spa on the first day to book all my appointments so I can be assured of getting the times I want.

Last HAL cruise, there was a 3-treatment special to save 10% on the first treatment, 20% on the second and 30% on the third. The highest percentage off was given on the most expensive treatment, so it ended up saving me quite a bit that way. It may have been slightly more than port day specials, but I did notice people coming to book later in the week and having to settle for the few times available.

I've never booked in advance, but normally don't wait for port day specials. I've always gone to the spa on the first day to book all my appointments so I can be assured of getting the times I want.

Last HAL cruise, there was a 3-treatment special to save 10% on the first treatment, 20% on the second and 30% on the third. The highest percentage off was given on the most expensive treatment, so it ended up saving me quite a bit that way. It may have been slightly more than port day specials, but I did notice people coming to book later in the week and having to settle for the few times available.

Thank you msmayor. The peace of mind with all the booking upon boarding sounds perfect for this cruise.

It depends on what service you're looking for. Just a fairly standard massage had never been that hard to book at last minute (same day) for me. Are you on the westerdam cruise?

Yes, I was thinking also about massages. This cruise is specifically to recharge the batteries and between naps I plan a few moments of pampering, massages included. Since we don't plan to get off the ship ( the Westerdam ) port days rates are sometime interesting on some ships.

Most of us are taking this cruise for the same reason I think. :) you should come join our casual roll call.

Thank you sherilyn70, if we do cross paths on the ship , between snooze, naps and sleep, and of course watch the ocean, I'll surely stop and chat.

Best regards, enjoy the preparation and safe journey to the ship !

I think the spa bookings depends on how many port days there are and the length of time in each port. The cruise we ended last week had 11 ports in 14 days with many of them long excursions. Seemed like they offered more than the normal spa discounts for those days. They even offered some 50 minute treatments for under $100 for the sea day before our last port day.