Coral Princess - Are There Any Mini Suites To Avoid - Which Are The Best Ones?

florida lover

You can't make too much of a mistake in this category on this ship. There are some minisuites forward on Baja and Caribe that I wouldn't care for and there are also the AF category mini's with no balcony that you are probably avoiding.

What are you looking for? Sun? Shade? Midship? Big balcony? It's easier to answer that question based on what's important to you.

I took an AE midship on Caribe. (C503)

Our tablemates said they would never book a cabin in the 200's to low 300's on the Dolphin Deck on the Coral again. They received an upgrade and that's how they ended up at the stern (front) of the ship. We were on the same exact deck but midship. Our tablemates were kept up during the night from all the movement in 3' seas (yes, only 3 feet!!!). We hardly felt a thing midship that same night and I really notice movement.

If it was just 1 couple that told us this, we would take it with a grain of salt, but there were 2 different couples that said the same thing. So, my advice is to stay midship on the Dolphin Deck if you don't mind having an uncovered balcony. Personally, we love them but not everyone does. The balconies are much bigger than those minis that are covered. Try around the low 500's.

Our tablemates said they would never book a cabin in the 200's to low 300's on the Dolphin Deck on the Coral again. They received an upgrade and that's how they ended up at the stern (front) of the ship. We were on the same exact deck but midship.

On the trip where we had C503, my parents had a 200 cabin and I've never been so slapped around in 3 ft seas in my life as when I hung out in their cabin. THe noise and movement from the bow slap was so incessant, and the hangers tossing back and forth were not my cup of tea. Our cabin had *nothing*, and there's was a wild ride. It was amazing how much difference there was.

Legalslave, mine was a northbound Pacific. I have also been on the canal itinerary, but we weren't traveling with anyone, so I didn't get a chance to see what the forward cabins were like on that itinerary.

My preference on Coral/Island is midship bumpout on Caribe. But, you will enjoy either of these ships so much that a little bow slap should not deter you, and I would take a little bow slap over no cruise in a heartbeat.

Hugger, the slightly-larger balconies are on Caribe deck. ANd I believe your balcony is fully-covered.

SpongeRob - I can't believe I said that!! I meant the bow and obviously haven't had enough caffeine yet!! LOL :eek:

Legalslave - We were Northbound on the Panama Canal itinerary. Very, very smooth seas the whole time. Really incredible, perfect weather. Guess that means that this time in the Caribbean will be rough, rough, rough. :confused:

Largin, I'm happy that you say that you didn't notice that great a difference in the mov't from forward to aft. I will be in one of the forward cabins in the 200's Nov 4 doing the Panama Canal. After what a few posters have mentioned I was preparing myself for alot of mov't. Hopefully it won't be that bad. I don't mind it as long as it doesn't throw me out of bed. :D

Legalslave, mine was a northbound Pacific. I have also been on the canal itinerary, but we weren't traveling with anyone, so I didn't get a chance to see what the forward cabins were like on that itinerary.

My preference on Coral/Island is midship bumpout on Caribe. But, you will enjoy either of these ships so much that a little bow slap should not deter you, and I would take a little bow slap over no cruise in a heartbeat.

Hugger, the slightly-larger balconies are on Caribe deck. ANd I believe your balcony is fully-UNcovered.

Whoops....edit to fix that. Hugger, I think you were referring to Dolphin Deck (I think?), which is UN-covered.

are in D527 - we like the balcony's to be uncovered as then we can get some sun out there. I'm hoping it might be one of the larger balcony's too.

As we like to get a couple of pool lounger's put out there. Even if we must crawl over them to get around.

I've been watching the Coral transit the Panama Canal today - WOW is that impressive - can't wait till we board next Weds.

Largin, I'm happy that you say that you didn't notice that great a difference in the mov't from forward to aft. I will be in one of the forward cabins in the 200's Nov 4 doing the Panama Canal. After what a few posters have mentioned I was preparing myself for alot of mov't. Hopefully it won't be that bad. I don't mind it as long as it doesn't throw me out of bed. :D

You will have no problems.. If you look at the layout the highest price Mini's, Cat AA, are located on Baha all the way forward... :D

Archived