New to Princess/Questions

ZSandy25

Bring a power strip but not one that is "surge protected"QUOTE]

Hi Thrak.

What?

I think I may have seen my answer after posting this.. so a regular power strip ($1.99) at Target is good. Super Fancy, knock your socks off power strip... bad.

I use this one. The cord wraps around the unit for packing. It has a reset button but not a surge protector. If you search the threads here you will find a bunch of people giving the reasoning behind that. Of course you will also find a bunch of people who take whatever they like. I used to use a Belkin model with surge protection but, after carefully reading the info provided by others, I bought the one shown here and use it onboard. It has 2 outlets on each side for a total of 4 and they are plenty far enough apart for chargers to fit.

Monster_zpscsohyryq.jpg?1445377955773&1445377956828&1445377958695&1445377959124

I guess I am having that kind of day but it seems to me that if everyone on board pushes the system to the limit charging and extending all the power they can we may all end up getting to experience a real fire drill! I will trust the engineers that built the system when they say no to some of these things. :(

MGnut, what kind of power strip isn't surge protected????

Many of them are available. Just look to make sure it doesn't say "surge protected" or "surge protector"

Here's what I use.

http://smile.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OTG400-BK-Outlets/dp/B000F9YN2M/ref=sr_1_56?ie=UTF8&qid=1445385607&sr=8-56&keywords=power+strip

Very compact with 4 outputs.

I use this one. The cord wraps around the unit for packing. It has a reset button but not a surge protector. If you search the threads here you will find a bunch of people giving the reasoning behind that. Of course you will also find a bunch of people who take whatever they like. I used to use a Belkin model with surge protection but, after carefully reading the info provided by others, I bought the one shown here and use it onboard. It has 2 outlets on each side for a total of 4 and they are plenty far enough apart for chargers to fit.

Monster_zpscsohyryq.jpg?1445377955773&1445377956828&1445377958695&1445377959124

You beat me to it, Thrack! :)

The fridge is in a cabinet, if you keep the door open most of the time it works much better.

LOL!!!!

Cabinet door, not the fridge door.

Also, there is a temperature control dial in the fridge. When turned to the lowest temp setting, the fridge performs much better than when the dial is at a higher temp setting.