Zaandam Penthouse for four

FATJACK

My wife and I are considering booking the Penthouse on the Zaandam for a seven day cruise with our daughter and eight year old granddaughter sleeping on the foldout sofa. Interested in any comments as in that they would be getting the added benefits of the suite, the Penthouse does have an additional powder room, and (I'm not sure of our Mariner status) if our/any Mariner status might give us a reduced or free 3rd or 4th person in the room.

My wife and I are considering booking the Penthouse on the Zaandam for a seven day cruise with our daughter and eight year old granddaughter sleeping on the foldout sofa. Interested in any comments as in that they would be getting the added benefits of the suite, the Penthouse does have an additional powder room, and (I'm not sure of our Mariner status) if our/any Mariner status might give us a reduced or free 3rd or 4th person in the room.

Pricing specifics will be best brought to HAL directly or your TA as it can vary from sailing to sailing and promotions made available.

But I think it would be a great approach to take for the 4 of you and the extra bathroom will definitely come in handy.

Have a wonderful time! Hope it all works out

OP, regarding the above response, there isn't a completely separate walled off bedroom but you will have a curtain that can be drawn closed in the evening. This picture is from Rotterdam but will give you a very good idea of the arrangement.

The pullout bed is NOT the sofa but will instead be a murphy style bed build into the console with the TV, etc... directly across from the couch (not pictured)

520XPenthouse.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide

Just booked an Alaskan cruise with out daughter and granddaughter. Priced out a Neptune suite with dressing room vs. separate cabins. We went with two outside cabins for about $2500 less plus privacy and sanity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just booked an Alaskan cruise with out daughter and granddaughter. Priced out a Neptune suite with dressing room vs. separate cabins. We went with two outside cabins for about $2500 less plus privacy and sanity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Plus, you can open the partition between verandas for a nice "common" space. Good move!

Edited by kevingastreich