Best Western Bay Harbor Hotel, Tampa

Ron_L

I just received the following e-mail from Best Western...

Please be advised that the BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel in Tampa, Florida where you have a reservation(s) is no longer a “Best Western” hotel.

As the agreement for your reservation(s) is between you and the hotel, and not Best Western International, your reservation(s) should still be honored at the hotel. Please contact the hotel directly if you have any specific questions regarding your reservation.

If you have any questions regarding this email, please contact 1-800-528-1238 or email custserv@cs.bestwestern.com.

Thank you,

Best Western International Customer Care

Is anyone booked to stay there in the next couple of weeks? I'm curious what this really means and what changes will occur at the hotel. We are booked there after our NCL cruise on Nov. 22

Any comments/reviews from folks staying there soon would be appreciated.

I got the same email about our December reservation, called BW and found out their phone is apparently not working properly at the now Bay Harbor but they gave me this email address to contact them (and I've already received a response with the answer to my question) frontdesk@bayharborhoteltampa.com ~ maybe that will be helpful to you :)

I got the same email about our December reservation, called BW and found out their phone is apparently not working properly at the now Bay Harbor but they gave me this email address to contact them (and I've already received a response with the answer to my question) frontdesk@bayharborhoteltampa.com ~ maybe that will be helpful to you :)

Thanks... I used the e-mail address on their web site and received a response in an hour or so.

This part is a little concerning to me:

"...your reservation(s) should still be honored at the hotel."

Uhh, yeah. SHOULD. I'd be contacting them right away. :)

Yep! That caught my eye as well! They did respond that they would honor my reservation and price.

I read in the Tampa Tribune today the hotel has been sold and will be going through a multimillion dollar renovation. I might rethink my stay only due to construction.

Thanks! I'll search for the article and c heck on the construction schedule!

I read in the Tampa Tribune today the hotel has been sold and will be going through a multimillion dollar renovation. I might rethink my stay only due to construction.

Is this the article, Cindy?

http://www.tbo.com/news/business/rocky-point-hotel-hogans-beach-restaurant-sold-for-345-million-20151020/

It mentions rebranding and renaming of Hogans Beach, but not renovation plans for the hotel.

Look on tampabay.com Tues Oct 20th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... Here is that article if anyone else is interested...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/best-western-bay-harbor-and-hulk-hogan-restaurant-sold-for-345-million/2250503

I talked to the hotel and they don't have any renovations scheduled at this time. We're going to keep our reservation for Nov. 22 so we'll what is going on.

We are about 2 hours away from ... And headed there now for our pre-cruise stay. Got my fingers crossed that we won't be disappointed!

More info later!

Dd's Mom

I hope it works out! Let us know!

We have been here since 3 PM yesterday for our pre cruise stay. We have no complaints. We are sitting outside at their onsite restaurant waiting on our dinner. We ate here last night, enjoyed it so much we decided to eat here again tonight. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

There's no apparent construction going on at the moment, but that's not to say they won't in the future.

My food is here! 👍

Dd's Mom

We have been here since 3 PM yesterday for our pre cruise stay. We have no complaints. We are sitting outside at their onsite restaurant waiting on our dinner. We ate here last night' date=' enjoyed it so much we decided to eat here again tonight. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

There's no apparent construction going on at the moment, but that's not to say they won't in the future.

My food is here! 👍

Dd's Mom[/quote']

Cool! Thanks for the update! Did you spend any time by the pool? How's the pool bar? We're staying there after our cruise so a nice place to relax will be good!

We spent a few hours reading by the pool, got in the pool to cool off and discovered the water was warm. Didn't cool off very much. We didn't go to the bar inside the restaurant next to the pool. I wish there were more chairs by the pool.

One other thing... The hotel IS on the water (the bay with nice views) but there is no beach or place to swim on the property other than the pool.

We would gladly stay here again pre or post cruise.

DD's Mom

We spent a few hours reading by the pool' date=' got in the pool to cool off and discovered the water was warm. Didn't cool off very much. We didn't go to the bar inside the restaurant next to the pool. I wish there were more chairs by the pool.

One other thing... The hotel IS on the water (the bay with nice views) but there is no beach or place to swim on the property other than the pool.

We would gladly stay here again pre or post cruise.

DD's Mom[/quote']

Thanks!