FLL -> Downtown Miami transport / Miami Uber

sidewalkdrop

I have two questions for you guys. I have a cruise in December leaving from Miami, but we're flying into FLL the night before. I'm going to get a hotel in either downtown Miami or South Beach.

So my questions are...

1) What are some good options to get from FLL airport to a Downtown Miami or South Beach hotel. A cab would obviously be the quickest, but I'm not sure about price. Are there shuttles or any private car recommendations? I see that Uber is now back in Lauderdale, so any experience with them for a Miami transfer?

2) Since I'll be in Miami close to the port, I was just planning on taking an Uber to the cruise port. Does anyone know if Uber is allowed in the port?

I have two questions for you guys. I have a cruise in December leaving from Miami, but we're flying into FLL the night before. I'm going to get a hotel in either downtown Miami or South Beach.

So my questions are...

1) What are some good options to get from FLL airport to a Downtown Miami or South Beach hotel. A cab would obviously be the quickest, but I'm not sure about price. Are there shuttles or any private car recommendations? I see that Uber is now back in Lauderdale, so any experience with them for a Miami transfer?

2) Since I'll be in Miami close to the port, I was just planning on taking an Uber to the cruise port. Does anyone know if Uber is allowed in the port?

No idea about Uber..

we were in Miami last weekend for a wedding..flew into FLL

We usually do the shared shuttle from right outside the air terminal to get to the hotel. You may have a 1/2 hr wait...res not needed. Price for that was $66 plus tip for 2 to Coral Gables....which is further than the port area hotels... It was rush hr, so we opted for the private car option, same meeting spot for $80 or 85$, plus tip. Great driver esp in Miami traffic...

From port hotels we just take a taxi to the port...

after the cruise we take a cab...similar price to the car service..maybe a bit more....I think it's all price regulated .

card we were given says Go-executivecar.com , 954 561 8888

have fun!

Taxi from FLL to South Beach or downtown Miami hotels will run about $75-80 on the meter

Shared shuttles are available - Go Airport Shuttle is based inside the FLL airport; I would also check with QLS and others suggested on the FLA departure board.

I would not rent a car - parking is EXPENSIVE in SB/Miami - many hotels charge guests $25-30+/night to park. :eek: