Love the Glory? Tell Me!

CruzerDeb

Looing at booking the Glory for next September. This will be my third cruise and DH's first! I've been on the Valor and the Victory, both pre 2.0 upgrades. I loved both of those ships . . . will I love the Glory? How does she compare?

Tell me all about it! Please . . .

I just got off the Glory , from our Western Caribbean itinerary from Oct 10-17. She is a great ship, clean, friendly staff. BIG BONUS...is Guys Burger Joint, and Blue Iguana Cantina., and 2.0 Upgrades....Great food at both of these places. She is beginning to show some wear, but nothing that should keep you off of her. This was my 2nd cruise on the Glory, and we loved it both times time. The new CD Mike Pack is a funny guy, I have no doubts you'll enjoy the Glory very much!!!

Edited by KnEcruisers

I seriously CAN. NOT. WAIT.!

I emailed (yes, we email each other's work) my DH our potential itinerary on Monday and he hasn't responded yet . . . too busy working! And he mentioned going on a shorter cruise, but there's no way I want to do that. :eek: Eastern Caribbean all the way for me! Can't wait to head to San Juan, etc.

If all else fails, I WILL go by myself next year. One way or another, I'm cruising! :D

Edited by CruzerDeb

I seriously CAN. NOT. WAIT.!

I emailed (yes, we email each other's work) my DH our potential itinerary on Monday and he hasn't responded yet . . . too busy working! And he mentioned going on a shorter cruise, but there's no way I want to do that. :eek: Western Caribbean all the way for me! Can't wait to head to San Juan, etc.

If all else fails, I WILL go by myself next year. One way or another, I'm cruising! :D

San Juan is part of the Eastern Caribbean, on our Western Itinerary this past cruise we hit Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. With Belize being a useless port unless you have an excursion booked(in my opinion only).

Ooops, yes I meant Eastern. My first was Western, which I loved. Got off in Belize, but had a gallbladder attack and had to cancel excursion and get back on the ship. The port area was nice?

The port area was ok...nothing but shops and bars, and we found the vendors there to be very aggressive....we only stayed in the cruise port for maybe 45 minutes, bought the kids a few souveniers, then we took the tender back to the Glory, and spent the rest of the day by the adult pool in the very back of the ship. My least favorite port of both cruises...would probably never go back to Belize again, or I should say, wouldn't even get off the ship there.

We agree about Belize. We did fun zip lining/cave tubing tour our first time there. Second time we wanted to save monew so we didn't want to do an excursion there. The port felt dirty, lots of aggressive vendors. And the tender ride is pretty long actually. So when we went back we had a fun day on the boat when it was half empy. Score!

After going on the Glory in 2013, weknew we wanted Guys, Blue Iguana, and a Fish N Chips on our next cruise, and to be sailing from FL. That narrowed it down to 3 or 4 ships with 7 day cruises. So we found ourselves booked on the Glory for another round and couldn't be more excited!

The port area was ok...nothing but shops and bars, and we found the vendors there to be very aggressive....we only stayed in the cruise port for maybe 45 minutes, bought the kids a few souveniers, then we took the tender back to the Glory, and spent the rest of the day by the adult pool in the very back of the ship. My least favorite port of both cruises...would probably never go back to Belize again, or I should say, wouldn't even get off the ship there.

hmmm, we took a water taxi over to Caye Caulker ($20 RT), did some snorkeling, then hit a great beachside restaurant/bar for lobster and lots of cheap drinks. A totally wonderful time!

We were on the Glory this summer and we really had a great time. If Mike Pack is still CD - it is a guaranteed blast. Everything was top notch on that cruise. We'd sail on Glory again in a heartbeat. One of our favorite ships so far.

Pinky at the lobby bar and Niu Putu in YTD MDR. Both made our trip very special.

Edited by jacmo24

Looing at booking the Glory for next September. This will be my third cruise and DH's first! I've been on the Valor and the Victory, both pre 2.0 upgrades. I loved both of those ships . . . will I love the Glory? How does she compare?

Tell me all about it! Please . . .

Love the Glory. Then again, the Conquest class is my favorite class of ship. Adult pool at the aft is great.

hmmm, we took a water taxi over to Caye Caulker ($20 RT), did some snorkeling, then hit a great beachside restaurant/bar for lobster and lots of cheap drinks. A totally wonderful time!

Looking forward to a Western Caribbean on Glory in February. I'll be grabbing a plane ride at the little municipal airport, and hopping over to the little town of San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. A water taxi would work, too but the plane is more fun. The same water taxi firm offers rides to Ambergris.

San Pedro, Ambergris Caye is by far my favorite excursion. Inexpensive restaurants, lots of water activities, beaches, kayaking, bike rentals, friendly islanders, and not so many tourists. One of these times I'll try Caye Caulker as well.

I just got off the Glory , from our Western Caribbean itinerary from Oct 10-17. She is a great ship, clean, friendly staff. BIG BONUS...is Guys Burger Joint, and Blue Iguana Cantina., and 2.0 Upgrades....Great food at both of these places. She is beginning to show some wear, but nothing that should keep you off of her. This was my 2nd cruise on the Glory, and we loved it both times time. The new CD Mike Pack is a funny guy, I have no doubts you'll enjoy the Glory very much!!!

Hi,

Same here thinking of booking the Glory for end of November can you tell me besides a Guy's Burger and BI Cantina how was the food in the MDR ?

How were the shows in the theatre ?

Did you visit the Disco ?

Did you feel crowded ?

Sea ya

Eric

I will be on the Glory over Thanksgiving. I've been on the Conquest, so I feel comfortable as far as the ship layout. I will be solo this time - I've done solo on a 4 and a 6 day so I'm praying that the 7 day will be good for me.

This was a Pack & Play deal and I can take that week off without it being an issue at work - also booked a Pack & Play in March with my sister - 8 day back on our favorite Breeze before she leaves us. Unfortunately she nor any other family members could get the time off and it's just almost impossible not to take advantage of as many Pack & Play deals as possible.

I am very excited that my PVP was able to get me an interior on the Lido Deck for no extra charge - this will be my first time on the Lido and I'm sure I will love it!

All the food on board was good. The Steakhouse is worth the money to try at least once. We ate dinner in the MDR every night. Ribs are great. Brunch on Sea days is always a favorite. Steak and eggs, Huevos Ranchos, all very good.

I have seen the Marriage show but that is it. Theater is very big. I have been by the disco but it must open later, around 10 pm I think.

I never felt crowded on the boat. The staff is so friendly. My favorite boat.

Hi,

Same here thinking of booking the Glory for end of November can you tell me besides a Guy's Burger and BI Cantina how was the food in the MDR ?

Did you feel crowded ?

Sea ya

Eric

Great ship great crew, food was fine in the DR.

They have switched to playlist which is a huge downgrade from what they had before.

As a result we mostly spent evenings in piano bar and comedy club.

It has been 2 years since I went on the Glory and it was going out of Boston at the time. I loved the ship. I loved the size of the ship- not to big. The staff was awesome of course they probably have turned around by now. The Guy's Burger was excellent!

Love the Glory! I will be cruising on her for the second time in 23 (hopefully short) days! Is someone able to confirm which CD will be on that sailing? It has been a long ten months since my last cruise, and I am ready to go!!!

Not sure who the CD is but unfortunately for you will not be Mike Pack who is on vacation and we think the best CD we have ever sailed with.

Hi,

Did you feel crowded ?

Sea ya

Eric

I honestly didn't care for the food in the MDR, we ate there on elegant night, so the GF could have the lobster tail and shrimp, she said it was rubbery, I don't eat seafood, so I cant comment. We usually just ate at the lido buffet, not great, but decent enough. We only saw 1 show this cruise in the theater...Epic Rock....was pretty good. We did walk into the White Heat nightclub, it was ok....not too busy. The only time we really ever felt crowded, was standing in line (like cattle being herded into a pen), at the lido buffet. The layout of that place just makes no sense...things like half of the salad bar is at the beginning of the line...then you have to leave the line to get your toppings and dressings....ODD... And also....the carving station is in the middle of the buffet line...so you basically have to get your meat...then get back in line to get the gravy...again...very odd layout...