Do prepaid service charges include gratuity for Butler?

DivingDiva0414

You're just mad that the DSC gratuity myth has been debunked. It is the investors that bully, name call and are mean. Suggest removing the DSC and all the claws come out. The DSC is discretionary and any passenger has the right to remove it. Deal.

Maybe some people are afraid to join roll calls because they fear retribution from the bully posters on board the ship. Would people be as mean face to face as they are here? I don't know, but I wouldn't be willing to find out. So if there were a bully on my roll call, I would opt out. One poster speaks frequently that some people's toothbrushes will be dunked in the toilet. Why would someone want to open their identity to such people? Reddit is less hostile.

Reddit is kumbaya compared to Cruise Critic. And their opinions of cruising are far below anything you'd find here.

I've participated in roll calls the last 4 out of 6 cruises. 2 or 3 were fine. Met up with cool pepple. One turned into 8000 messages of someone's daily life blog. What their kids did. What they ate. The weather. Bailed out of that one. Always easy to make new friends onboard without forced orgsnization.

Edited by LMaxwell

Reddit is kumbaya compared to Cruise Critic. And their opinions of cruising are far below anything you'd find here.

I've participated in roll calls the last 4 out of 6 cruises. 2 or 3 were fine. Met up with cool pepple. One turned into 8000 messages of someone's daily life blog. What their kids did. What they ate. The weather. Bailed out of that one. Always easy to make new friends onboard without forced orgsnization.

Yes, it is easy to make new friends without roll calls. Threads like this one and the bar bill threads remind me how happy I am to not drink, never stay in suites.

This is incorrect. The butler and concierge are NOT included in the DSC pool. They only get the gratuities provided by their guests. And you acknowledge service with your tips to them. And you acknowledge exceptional service with more tips.
You are correct. Forgot I had this email from NCL when they announced the 2nd increase in July:

Good Afternoon Nancy,

I apologize for the delay in my response. I have confirmed that the increased service charge amount does not include the Butler and Concierge. We still recommend that our guests in our Suites and Haven cabins tip their butler and concierge based on the services rendered. The amount of the tip is at your own discretion.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,

Krystal Bolden | Concierge Desk