Best place to stop for wine/soda between Miami airport and Port?

wantocruisemore

I'd say a taxi is your best bet. More flexible in stopping and waiting. While there are Publix grocery stores in the area between MIA and POM, there may be local liquor/wine stores too and you driver should know where those are. As far as Publix goes I'd say you have 2 reasonable choices. There's a Publix on Biscayne Blvd just north of the 395 which takes you to the tunnel to the port. I believe you can reenter the 395 east here. If not it's a short distance down Biscayne to Port Blvd.

Another option is to head to Mary Brickell Village and go to the Publix there. It'll be a 5-10 minute ride tot he port from MBV.

I agree with the above suggestions. Taxi flat rate rom MIA to POM with no stops is a $27+tip fare. By detouring to a store and stopping you shift from the flat rate fare to the metered fare - shop fast and the total pre-tip should still be about $30.

If you want basic wine than have the driver drop you off at the CVS on the same side of Holiday Inn Bayside (just one block away). If you would like a much larger selection than I too would recommend going to the Publix at Mary Brickell.

The advantage of the CVS is that you could have the taxi leave and then walk over to the Holiday Inn to get a taxi to take you to port. From the Publix it would not be easy to get a taxi back and costly to have them wait.

Keith