Luggage Tags

mmbrad02

This is our first cruise and obviously I can print the tags and read what it says to do. But, I would like to laminate my tags or use clear packaging tape on them to make them a little sturdier. So here is your easiest question of the day. Do you leave the sheet out flat to laminate/tape and then fold and secure to your luggage or do you fold it all and then laminate/tape? If we become frequent cruisers we will buy the actual tag holders but just trying to get by this way for our first time out.

These tags are for check in only. They are a one time use, like check in airline luggage. Airline tags say your flight number and destination. These say your cruise and your room number. No reason to laminate them or make them permanent. You will want other luggage tags with your contact info so that you can identify them quickly or get contacted if they are lost.

These tags are for check in only. They are a one time use, like check in airline luggage. Airline tags say your flight number and destination. These say your cruise and your room number. No reason to laminate them or make them permanent. You will want other luggage tags with your contact info so that you can identify them quickly or get contacted if they are lost.

I disagree. We -always- laminate ours because we've had several times where the paper tags have been ripped off, resulting in luggage delivery delays (3 day delay in delivering us a bag once). And FWIW the delayed bags have always had name/contact info, but for some reason it's never helped.

We've ordered the Cruise Critic luggage tag holders for our next sailing. At 2 for $5, you can't go wrong!

I trim off the sides and just use the middle portion with my cabin number on it. I write my name on both ends then fold in half and laminate. I punch a hole in the end and attach with zip ties. You can use clear tape or contact paper if you don't have access to a laminator. Not only does it last any rough handling but it stays nice for your scrap/memory book. Enjoy your first cruise!

This is our first cruise and obviously I can print the tags and read what it says to do. But, I would like to laminate my tags or use clear packaging tape on them to make them a little sturdier. So here is your easiest question of the day. Do you leave the sheet out flat to laminate/tape and then fold and secure to your luggage or do you fold it all and then laminate/tape? If we become frequent cruisers we will buy the actual tag holders but just trying to get by this way for our first time out.

Get the tag holder since you're going to get hooked on cruising anyway. :)

We laminated our first tags too, never again. Seems like a waste to me. We tri-fold them lengthwise and then fold them in half over a handle and either staple or tape them, sometimes both. No issues to date. If we printed extras, we might put one on the top handle and another on the side.

This thread has got me wondering..When you have to fly to get to port, do you put the cruise luggage tags on before or after your flight(s)? We normally drive to the port in SoCal, but next year we have to fly to Europe to board.

We put ours on after the flight. One less thing the airline baggage handlers can destroy.

I don't do either. I get luggage tags from the porters at the pier, and write our name and cabin number on them. It works just fine and I don't waste money on printing and all of that other stuff.

This thread has got me wondering..When you have to fly to get to port, do you put the cruise luggage tags on before or after your flight(s)? We normally drive to the port in SoCal, but next year we have to fly to Europe to board.

Put on right before you leave your hotel for the port. If not staying at a hotel or other place before boarding the ship, put them on after you are dropped at the pier, and after you have removed all airline tags.