Anthem Obstructed Balcony 6628 Pictures

Peardrop

Hi all,

We are currently on Anthem and I thought some folk may be interested in the obstructed balcony view. Have to say we are delighted with our stateroom, very comfortable and cleverly designed. Also very pleased with our obstructed view, as it's much better than I expected. We have purchased the wifi package and speeds are good. Very impressed with this beautiful ship! 362a808f807ad6b4a1930a98aaebd6f4.jpg887420bb96651b9d661ab707b275600e.jpg13a0f13ae65db17894a87b4f5b2953ec.jpg4a3068ac34782a9b621b55824182a495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes kevinyork there are two wardrobes, one next to the bed and one next to the bathroom, along with storage over the bed and in a chest of drawers. Lots of storage in fact! [emoji106]🏻

Yes kevinyork there are two wardrobes, one next to the bed and one next to the bathroom, along with storage over the bed and in a chest of drawers. Lots of storage in fact! [emoji106]🏻

Ah ok. Our obstructed balcony had the bed by the bathroom end with a wardrobe on either side.

760a0bf302a8531a457964649907ab5c.jpg

20e27d8693ca0c8f35c16bbbc660ca9c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Ah ok. Our obstructed balcony had the bed by the bathroom end with a wardrobe on either side.

Would you please provide the number of the cabin you were in. Thanks in advance.

Edited by robtulipe

It was 6614. I found it on kevinyork's Sept Canary Is review.

It appears that most balcony cabins are in pairs as to where the bed is. The forward of the pair has the bed by the bathroom, rearward by the balcony.

Edited by robtulipe

It was 6614. I found it on kevinyork's Sept Canary Is review.

It appears that most balcony cabins are in pairs as to where the bed is. The forward of the pair has the bed by the bathroom, rearward by the balcony.

Yes that's correct. They alternate. It's quite a clever dining as the wardrobes are not as deep as they look. The rear part and the section behind the headboard are actually further into the room than the wardrobe looks from the exterior. This is then used as more space in the next cabin, and so on. Hope that makes sense.

If anyone has been on a Celebrity S class ship you will know the cabins are not rectangular and that there is a thinner section that gives more space to the cabin next door. On Anthem that slight narrowing is hidden by the bed head and wardrobes do your cabin looks to be the same width throughout but in fact is narrower in part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevinyork, that's interesting re the narrowing of the cabin at the bed and explains why there are alternating bed positions.

At least this design appears to provide more space in the living room/couch area where the Celebrity S class narrowing took space away from this area as show in the shot of the 2B balcony we had on Silhouette.

The S class balcony cabin at 194 sq.ft. interior area appears to have much less interior space than justified by the 4 sq.ft. more a Quantum class balcony cabin has at 198 sq.ft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=368003&d=1447101563

Edited by robtulipe

We were in 6626 on Anthem,the only shortfall in storage was for long hanging of women's gowns/long dresses

Kevinyork, that's interesting re the narrowing of the cabin at the bed and explains why there are alternating bed positions.

At least this design appears to provide more space in the living room/couch area where the Celebrity S class narrowing took space away from this area as show in the shot of the 2B balcony we had on Silhouette.

The S class balcony cabin at 194 sq.ft. interior area appears to have much less interior space than justified by the 4 sq.ft. more a Quantum class balcony cabin has at 198 sq.ft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=368003&d=1447101563

I thought the S class cabins were unbeatable but the Anthem cabins were much better. Felt more spacious and with more storage..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk