What would an upgrade be

DataDon

Currently booked in 7388, corner aft balcony on Explorer of the Seas for Sept. 2016. This looks like the perfect cabin to host a party on the balcony. Being a Crown & Anchor member, what would be considered an upgrade should they call me? Not likely but what if? There are only 2 of us in the cabin but at least 10 in our group - all family.

Currently booked in 7388, corner aft balcony on Explorer of the Seas for Sept. 2016. This looks like the perfect cabin to host a party on the balcony. Being a Crown & Anchor member, what would be considered an upgrade should they call me? Not likely but what if? There are only 2 of us in the cabin but at least 10 in our group - all family.

Since you have a balcony cabin, an upgrade would be to any suite.

You're in an E1 so an upgrade could be in the D's and up and there's no guarantee they will notify you. If that's the cabin you want, sign into your Crown and Anchor account and under you profile, set your Upgrade Preference to 'I do not wish to upgrade my stateroom.' There are other settings in the Upgrade Preference that may interest you if you're not especially attached to that cabin.

Edited by Big_G

Suite sounds sweet but that corner aft balcony would be hard to beat. If the upgrade fairy does happen to call (I won't sit waiting), how long do they give to respond yea or nay? Would hate to say yes to a suite when the only thing going for it is a bathtub.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful.

Suite sounds sweet but that corner aft balcony would be hard to beat. If the upgrade fairy does happen to call (I won't sit waiting), how long do they give to respond yea or nay? Would hate to say yes to a suite when the only thing going for it is a bathtub.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful.

Well then go change your online preferences and mark that you don't want an upgrade.

There's not much of a better balcony on the ship than the one you already have. If a get together on the balcony sounds good, even a suite isn't an upgrade.

Edited by SMN73

Yeah - kinda what it looks like. Thanks for all the replies. Heading to C&A to check that box for no upgrades. An aft Royal Family Suite would work but that's just a dream. I'd pay $400 gladly for that upgrade. In the meantime I'll look forward to that corner aft balcony and get on with son's wedding plans for this cruise. Life does not get any better.

Yeah - kinda what it looks like. Thanks for all the replies. Heading to C&A to check that box for no upgrades. An aft Royal Family Suite would work but that's just a dream. I'd pay $400 gladly for that upgrade. In the meantime I'll look forward to that corner aft balcony and get on with son's wedding plans for this cruise. Life does not get any better.

Yes a Royal Family Suite would be a dream, probably best to keep your PLANO Corner Aft Balcony!;)