Princess Ship in Brooklyn

daydreamer16

We loved when Princess ships sailed from Brooklyn in July and August. For whatever reason they stopped. We have great memories of Canada and the ease of sailing from our home state. Unfortunately they stopped and lost our business. We now typically sail our of NJ or NY in August via Celebrity and just tried the Breakaway and loved it!

Why Princess, did you stop sailing from NY in the Summer?

Edited by Cruise a holic

Why Princess, did you stop sailing from NY in the Summer?
Easy answer: follow the money. Princess can command higher fares sailing in Europe. Supply and demand. If other lines are sailing from NY in the summer, they are meeting demand. Adding berths depresses prices for all of the lines. Good for the passengers but bad for the for-profit cruise lines.

I understand follow the money, however the ships were always full and actually cruise lines charge more for NY departures. The profit margins must have been more then adequate. In fact they added cabins to the Caribbean Princess which wasn't what I would imagine an A list ship.

They also loose potential regular customers, who develop relationships and benefits with other cruise lines. We are Elite Plus with Celebrity and Diamond with Royal, so we probably will not sail princess in the future. i am sure many former princess cruisers might feel the same.

I understand follow the money, however the ships were always full and actually cruise lines charge more for NY departures. The profit margins must have been more then adequate. In fact they added cabins to the Caribbean Princess which wasn't what I would imagine an A list ship.

They also loose potential regular customers, who develop relationships and benefits with other cruise lines. We are Elite Plus with Celebrity and Diamond with Royal, so we probably will not sail princess in the future. i am sure many former princess cruisers might feel the same.

I live in your neck of the woods and have to agree. I never saw a drop and go last minute deal for those 9 day Caribbean cruises. It seems that those 4 and 5 day itineraries out of Ft Lauderdale are for non profit. They have to literally give them away by offering OBC and at one point they even refunded the fare as a credit towards another sailing. My in laws who live in Florida get flooded with those drop an go deals. They are on a 4 day cruise now which was booked last minute. I'm booked on the Summit for the second time. I'm slowly moving towards other lines that sail from our area. The money that I can save on airfare will allow me to sail a longer itinerary in a higher category room. I'm currently booked in a C2 for Bermuda. On Princess I had to book an obstructed ocean view most times.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I live in your neck of the woods and have to agree. I never saw a drop and go last minute deal for those 9 day Caribbean cruises. It seems that those 4 and 5 day itineraries out of Ft Lauderdale are for non profit. They have to literally give them away by offering OBC and at one point they even refunded the fare as a credit towards another sailing. My in laws who live in Florida get flooded with those drop an go deals. They are on a 4 day cruise now which was booked last minute. I'm booked on the Summit for the second time. I'm slowly moving towards other lines that sail from our area. The money that I can save on airfare will allow me to sail a longer itinerary in a higher category room. I'm currently booked in a C2 for Bermuda. On Princess I had to book an obstructed ocean view most times.[/quote

We are also booked on the summit for the fifth time next August with family. We also went on the Breakaway which sails from NY this past August in the Haven and loved it. We will continue to sail out of NY/NJ in the summer, sorry Princess you lost potential business from many tristate area residents. In addition our winter and spring cruises from florida will be from other cruiselines

Edited by Cruise a holic