Reflection TA October 23rd...Live

phbr

I take your point about the LAX vocals, don't know what happened to the girl, maybe I just like the stuff they played. it was their first cruise on Reflection. Actually, I think they expanded their repertoire considerably when down to a four piece.

Did not really like either comedian, but Gareth Oliver was brilliant, as was the violinist, Doug Cameron (especially the Riverdance piece)

We got back to London this morning after a long day of travelling.

We loved this cruise! We had never been to the Caribbean, so felt it was a good way to try it out and now we want to go back.

First time on the Reflection and loved it. The lay out is slightly different to the other Solstice class ships and we were confused for the first couple of days.

We bought the 4 dinner package and enjoyed all the restaurants.

We also went to the Lawn grill on the first night with our lovely American friends who we met 4 years ago on the Eclipse TA, they booked a 50% off on the first night here, as they'd done the B2B.

We loved the Lawn Grill, it was our first time there, although the 2nd time we went in a big crowd (on our package) and I think the staff had problems getting everything completely right, although it didn't spoil our evening.

We didn't go to the porch but it looked very nice and they had the new seafood menu for lunch and dinner.

We only went to a few shows, I had to go and see Darren Day as he was so famous in the UK years ago, I thought he was good, as was Gareth Oliver. we saw him years ago on the Eclipse TA and he's changed a lot in the way he looks but was as funny as ever.

The last Celebrity Reflection Ariel show was very good with lots of hold your breath moments and I caught the end of the December 63 show, which was as good as everyone says.

We spent all of our before and after dinner drinking in the Martini Bar and were entertained every night by the incredible team that work behind that bar.

We had a Classic Package and felt no need to upgrade at all. The sommeliers in the MDR recommended good wines every night on our package and we tried most of them. We especially liked the Pinot Noir.

We were on Select Dining and it was busy. We hadn't pre-booked our dining times before we left, so found it better to just turn up in the end as they wouldn't let us book between 7.30 and 8.30 for the next night. We were given a pager and only once had to wait a long time, otherwise it was 5 - 10 minutes.

After having done 2 other TAs with cold crossings from Southampton, this has definitely made us think about what we will do in the future. Lying on a sun longer with a frozen Mudslide in 90 degrees was much more fun!

Adele :)

We also got home yesterday. We enjoyed the warm crossing. It does make a difference when we don't sail from Southampton

The only complaint we had was how loud the music is in all venues.

We are going to try RCL Jewel of the seas crossing in April. We will be Diamond as we are Elite Plus. On the Summit B2B in January

Ontario Cruiser