Silver Moon

Lois R

Just booked my first catamaran tour with Silver Moon for next month:D

I haven't been to Barbados in quite a few years and really excited!!!

They get awesome reviews:D

Edited by Lois R

Our last stop in Barbados we sailed on the Silver Moon. Very personable crew, the catamaran was in great shape, heads (on board restrooms) were clean. The guides in the water put us right where the turtles were.

The lunch featured flying fish, very tasty.

You will have a very enjoyable time.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Silver Moon in February 2013 and had a great time. We are returning to Barbados in March and would like to visit a beach. We anchored off of a lovely beach when we were on the Silver Moon for lunch, that looked like it was in a nice area, beach bars, cafes and shopping. Does anyone know what beach this might have been? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

They usually have the second stop in Payne's Bay near the beautiful Sandy Lane resort. This excursion (first done in 2011) actually made us realize we'd rather spend the whole week in Barbados! We've gone every year since! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I am home from my cruise and went with Silver Moon last week. It was

a wonderful time:)

Hi Lois,

We are going on this excursion in Feb. Can you describe a little more about the day's events such as lunch served, how many other boats in area, turtle sightings, and any other info so we know what more to expect?

Hi Lois,

We are going on this excursion in Feb. Can you describe a little more about the day's events such as lunch served, how many other boats in area, turtle sightings, and any other info so we know what more to expect?

Hi:)...ok, sure....well, Silver Moon has 3 different cats.....I was on Silver Moon II and there were 12 of us. We had 3 lovely gals who were the staff.

How lunch was served? They set up 2 different tables and a 3rd table was

the food. It was set up as a buffet......It was delicious......chicken/rice/

salad/ I know I am missing some other items but I can't think of what

else was served...oh, a fish dish too. They had juice, water, beer and wine

too. Dessert was cupcakes:D

How many other boats were in the area? A few.....there was plenty

of room to snorkel though. I did not snorkel but most everyone else

did....Another gal and I chose to pass....I got in the water though.

It was a wonderful day:)....I know the folks who did snorkel did see

turtles. It is a very well run company.

• 1 month later...
Hi Lois,

Just did Silver Moon last week. We had captain Mike and Alan & Tony. It was AWESOME! From the minute we stepped on the catamaran we were taken care of like royalty. They ask you what you want to drink immediately. You could get alcoholic drinks all day. I started with juice and then they made whatever you wanted from top shelf liquor.

They had fresh fruit, then lunch was grilled fish (awesome), chicken, salads, macaroni & cheese, rice, etc. There were 2 other Silver Moon catamarans from the dock we sailed from (which was about 5 mins away by their taxi). The turtles were awesome. They fed them good fish/squid and the turtles hung out by us.

Their snorkel equipment was very good. Of course because there were a couple ships in port that day the snorkel areas were a little more crowded. We went to the turtles first and then to the 2 shipwrecks afterwards. The shipwrecks were really cool but a bit more crowded.

After the shipwrecks we sailed to a beach area where they anchored and we could get out and swim if we wanted while they were preparing lunch. A guy came around and offered jetski rentals for I think $20 for 20 or 30 mins. We ate lunch and you could have swam to the beach (but it was a bit far for us). After lunch was served we sailed the rest of the time. It wasn't a "thrilling" catamaran ride because there was no wind, not their fault! But it was still extremely enjoyable.

On the way back they made awesome (real) pina coladas. It was the perfect touch to the end of our catamaran ride. Oh and dessert was this great banana bread. And the chilled towels to wipe down with were a nice touch!

I want to either go back to Barbados for a week or sail there on a cruise just so I can go back on Silver Moon! I highly recommend them, you cannot be disappointed with them.

debbie

• 1 month later...

We had the best day with Silver Moon Charters. Our Captain was Dale, and Tyrone and Allan were also aboard with us. I can't say enough good things about our experience. The boat was gorgeous and very comfortable. Dale, Tyrone and Allan treated us like VIP's. I had written in advance about my vegetarian diet, and Dale actually had prepared a special quinoa dish for me - all of the food and drink were delicious. I really appreciated Allan's guidance with the snorkelling - we swam as a group under Allan's direction, and he led us on two snorkelling stops - fabulous tropical fish by a coral reef, and the swimming with turtles was exceptional! it was such a relaxing, luxurious day - next time we're in Barbados, without a doubt we'll book a tour with Silver Moon. It was terrific to be with such a small group of passengers. It's a very professional firm, and they have captured customer service in everything they do. Thanks for a lovely day!

• 7 months later...

We are scheduled to be on the Celebrity Eclipse 12/11 thru 12/21. We have an overnight 12/16-12/17 in Barbados. We would like to book a snorkeling excursion with Silver Moon. I am a bit apprehensive booking "off" the ship. Would you suggest we book the afternoon excursion on the first day (12/16) or the early excursion the second day (12/17). I worry about either missing the excursion or...yikes, the ship departure. Has anyone booked this, and what do you recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are scheduled to be on the Celebrity Eclipse 12/11 thru 12/21. We have an overnight 12/16-12/17 in Barbados. We would like to book a snorkeling excursion with Silver Moon. I am a bit apprehensive booking "off" the ship. Would you suggest we book the afternoon excursion on the first day (12/16) or the early excursion the second day (12/17). I worry about either missing the excursion or...yikes, the ship departure. Has anyone booked this, and what do you recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,:) I would not be apprehensive at all......the company has been in

business for many, MANY years......I would suggest doing what you

prefer....the company is extremely professional. If you want to go

in the morning, book the morning one.....if you like an afternoon

better, do that one:)

We are scheduled to be on the Celebrity Eclipse 12/11 thru 12/21.

My wife and I are on the same cruise.

Would you suggest we book the afternoon excursion on the first day (12/16) or the early excursion the second day (12/17).

The Eclipse is scheduled to depart Barbados at 1 PM on December 17. Silver Moon's earliest excursion is from 9 AM to 2 PM. That pretty much excludes booking with them on December 17 unless you want to watch the Eclipse sail away. :)

• 2 months later...

We have gone with them several times over the years. Always top notch with good food nice crew and fair snorkeling. Turtle experiences is nice.

They have more than one catamaran. One tour is limited to about 15 or so passengers. The others are for around 24 or so. We have always gone with the smaller group.

Highly recommend!