Anyone currently on Magic?

cruiser fanatic

not on the Magic but I wouldn't be surprised if weather wasn't a big part of the delay. Just checked there is a tanker stuck on the rocks but not sure if it is causing delays or not. Hope they get out soon

Edited by Uncwrn93

We were just off the Magic today. We didn't dock until around 9:30am due to the high wind and rain. They disembarked us on deck 0 instead of deck 3 due to the high strong winds and safety issues.

It was slight mayhem trying to disembark. Much confusion, staircases were crammed full of ppl moving at a snails pace. It took us almost an hour to get off the ship. We are platinum and were herded off with everyone else. Usually, we meet in the dining room and are walked off, not this time.

I asked one of the staff where we should go and they directed me to the down staircase. It was a big mess. Confused staff were standing around, not directing traffic (ppl). When we finally got off the ship and were in the luggage area I saw an elderly lady trip over a gate and fall flat on the cement floor, another lady was on a stretcher being taken away. Not sure what happened with the lady on the stretcher.

2 men were having a very loud verbal confrontation right in front of us on the stairs . I am surprised a fist fight didn't break out.

Just plain craziness...

We were just off the Magic today. We didn't dock until around 9:30am due to the high wind and rain. They disembarked us on deck 0 instead of deck 3 due to the high strong winds and safety issues.

It was slight mayhem trying to disembark. Much confusion' date=' staircases were crammed full of ppl moving at a snails pace. It took us almost an hour to get off the ship. We are platinum and were herded off with everyone else. Usually, we meet in the dining room and are walked off, not this time.

I asked one of the staff where we should go and they directed me to the down staircase. It was a big mess. Confused staff were standing around, not directing traffic (ppl). When we finally got off the ship and were in the luggage area I saw an elderly lady trip over a gate and fall flat on the cement floor, another lady was on a stretcher being taken away. Not sure what happened with the lady on the stretcher.

2 men were having a very loud verbal confrontation right in front of us on the stairs . I am surprised a fist fight didn't break out.

Just plain craziness...[/quote']

Wow. Sorry that happened but I can't say I am surprised due to the fact that the ship was late and you disembarked on deck 0. I hope that the elderly lady and the lady that was on a stretcher is doing well. Was the Cruise Director making any announcements over the PA and people were not listening? Or, were there barely any announcements.

The cruise director Everson was awesome. He kept in constant contact with announcements . However, when it was time to start disembarkment ppl just went nuts! Everson kept saying for ppl not to try to leave the ship until they were called, but I guess most didn't listen.

From John Heald's FB page:

as such the M.S Carnival Magic will now overnight in Galveston this evening . Tomorrow morning Galveston Pilots will assess the weather conditions and advise on when the ship may sail. i am sure that the wonderful crew will cocoon the guests in an atmosphere of fun and brilliant service

Let's hope the weather is better tomorrow and the ship can start her journey

What would you be doing on board now?

Cheers

The cruise director Everson was awesome. He kept in constant contact with announcements . However' date=' when it was time to start disembarkment ppl just went nuts! Everson kept saying for ppl not to try to leave the ship until they were called, but I guess most didn't listen.[/quote']

And then people come here and post how the crew was showing no directions on disembarking.

It was slight mayhem trying to disembark. Much confusion' date=' staircases were crammed full of ppl moving at a snails pace. It took us almost an hour to get off the ship. We are platinum and were herded off with everyone else. Usually, we meet in the dining room and are walked off, not this time.

I asked one of the staff where we should go and they directed me to the down staircase. [b'] It was a big mess. Confused staff were standing around, not directing traffic (ppl).[/b] When we finally got off the ship and were in the luggage area I saw an elderly lady trip over a gate and fall flat on the cement floor, another lady was on a stretcher being taken away. Not sure what happened with the lady on the stretcher.

Just plain craziness...

And then people come here and post how the crew was showing no directions on disembarking.

Did you read her first statement, she stated that the confused crew were standing around not directing traffic then later she did state that the CD was making announcements.

So, if someone came here and stated the crew was showing no directions that would be correct according to her first statement.

The poster ALSO said that Eversen kept making announcements keeping everyone informed and for people to stay put until called. If people won't listen, confusion will ensue. And that's ridiculous.

You know the ship is late arriving and the weather is bad. But let's be hard headed and freak out and stress the crew anyway. It sounds like the same thing that happened when we had to dock late in Aruba. Everyone wanted off, off, off despite the fact that the cruise director kept trying to tell people to wait until called. Ridiculous. So there was more than just confusion mentioned. There was also the mention of the CD trying to keep things orderly and people not listening.

The poster ALSO said that Eversen kept making announcements keeping everyone informed and for people to stay put until called. If people won't listen, confusion will ensue. And that's ridiculous.

You know the ship is late arriving and the weather is bad. But let's be hard headed and freak out and stress the crew anyway. It sounds like the same thing that happened when we had to dock late in Aruba. Everyone wanted off, off, off despite the fact that the cruise director kept trying to tell people to wait until called. Ridiculous. So there was more than just confusion mentioned. There was also the mention of the CD trying to keep things orderly and people not listening.

Our last cruise I saw the same thing. Every one just goes when they want. No one checks and everyone just wants off. Personally I like to wait, unless we have a flight to make.

Every time the ship is late it always is the same. also its not just Carnival, also been on Princess and same thing if the ship is late. I don't understand people doing this. The stress level is so high and they don't care about anyone else. They feel they deserve to be ahead of everyone. I've seen pushing and people trying to but in. also they get off the ship before there called and there luggage isn't there yet. They stand around and complain and are ignorant to the staff in the terminal. What difference does it make if you take a flight that gives you extra time in case of problems. Your on vacation and arriving home a few hours later should be know big deal. If you miss your flight because you booked a 10:30 am flight chances are you may not get out till the next day. Not worth the stress and possible extra costs involved.

From what ive heard we were delayed somewhat because the Coast Guard did their annual inspection. Then while that delay happened a tanker ship ran aground (made the news) thus they closed the port.

I have no big complaints as these are things they cannot control, however, EVERYTHING has stated late. Dinner opened doors late, muster opened doors 25 min late, shows were 10-20 min late. The staff are cheerful, pleasant and accommodating. They seem just as comfused by lack of info. Our ports will likely be reversed, but that's life. I will try to update as possible until i lose service.

From what ive heard we were delayed somewhat because the Coast Guard did their annual inspection. Then while that delay happened a tanker ship ran aground (made the news) thus they closed the port.

I have no big complaints as these are things they cannot control, however, EVERYTHING has stated late. Dinner opened doors late, muster opened doors 25 min late, shows were 10-20 min late. The staff are cheerful, pleasant and accommodating. They seem just as comfused by lack of info. Our ports will likely be reversed, but that's life. I will try to update as possible until i lose service.

Thanks for the updates and please do post when you get some more information.

The cruise director Everson was awesome. He kept in constant contact with announcements . However' date=' when it was time to start disembarkment ppl just went nuts! Everson kept saying for ppl not to try to leave the ship until they were called, but I guess most didn't listen.[/quote']

Ok, so it sounds like a big part of the problem was passengers not listening to the announcements.

Ok, so it sounds like a big part of the problem was passengers not listening to the announcements.

Or this:

IMHO, the crew should be able to tell someone to go to where they are suppose to be until called but most crew members that I have ever seen cause a lot of the chaos because they do not want to give directions or correct someone.

Or this:

IMHO, the crew should be able to tell someone to go to where they are suppose to be until called but most crew members that I have ever seen cause a lot of the chaos because they do not want to give directions or correct someone.

No matter how authoritative any crew member is the "peeps" who are determined to "be the first one off" aren't going to listen to anyone. Passengers are the ultimate problem at late boardings and late disembarking. They just don't think about anyone but themselves and it shows over and over again.

No matter how authoritative any crew member is the "peeps" who are determined to "be the first one off" aren't going to listen to anyone. Passengers are the ultimate problem at late boardings and late disembarking. They just don't think about anyone but themselves and it shows over and over again.

Like!

The crew shouldn't have to make people listen or correct anyone, because this isn't a first grade field trip. Matter of fact, it's worse. I've chaperoned field trips and kids are much more cooperative. I can only imagine the chaos the OP describes. No excuse. If the ship is held up by coast guard, then there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. I absolutely agree that the crew aren't in any position to control the mayhem, but having lived thru this a couple times (the last being yesterday on the Magic), if you want to have order and allow for the priority guests to make it out ahead of others DON'T announce that they've moved the gangway to deck zero until you've herded the priority groups out. Things were pretty orderly until then. The same thing happened on the Pride. The barriers are all set up for deck three; there are no barriers for decks one and two. As soon as you make that announcement, you're going to have a free for all.

There were many, many of us who waited in our specified areas and were told that the luggage had NOT been off-loaded. When we finally joined the mayhem (frantically trying to make our 12:40 flight) there were many, many people who were waiting to be picked up with tags that had zone 15 and higher when we were zone 1.